Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:14 AM

949 posts, read 572,763 times

Advertisements

It’s a distraction. Waste from the chemicals humans use is much more dangerous, there is money to made so it’s acceptable. I recycle everything I can otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 03:41 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are those "mountain cats" pet cougars?

No, just a large breed of barn cat.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,088,896 times
So, now it’s a virtue to leave you dog's turds on the beach? That might explain what I saw in California recently where a tubby jogger paused to led their tubby dog drop a load on the sand, and then went on her merry way.

Gaia is crying.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:35 AM

57 posts, read 33,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I don’t mind picking up doggie doo, I really don’t, but it has occurred to me that I’m sliding those big gooey nuggets into a plastic bag that will most likely end up in a landfill, along with all the other plastic crap that ends up there. I mean, does a bear poop in the woods? What happens to that? It returns to the earth...that’s what. And no, I don’t like stepping into a big pile of doo either so I’m careful not to.

I just got back from spending six months down in Chile and no one picks up after their dog there. I was afraid it would be really nasty at first because I’m used to manicured lawns, but I quickly learned to step around.

Also, as I was hiking in the woods today I saw three bags of delightfulness laying by the side of the trail where I guess people assume someone will pick them up but one was so hidden it looked like it had been there for awhile. So then, what’s the point?!
Situation depends on the place...

Where I live nobody picks up after their dog and poo is all over the city. Stinky in the hot summer months. The only time it goes away is the rain but forbid if it flood over here... eeeewwww...
Clean space would be nice, unfortunately not many places in Europe scoops the poo.
Not like where I had used to live back in the states... miss the good old days. Haha

Old 01-14-2020, 10:39 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,088,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRicantraveler View Post
Situation depends on the place...

Where I live nobody picks up after their dog and poo is all over the city. Stinky in the hot summer months. The only time it goes away is the rain but forbid if it flood over here... eeeewwww...
Clean space would be nice, unfortunately not many places in Europe scoops the poo.
Not like where I had used to live back in the states... miss the good old days. Haha
Lol — reminds me of a trip to Santiago Chile, a big, cosmopolitan city where street dogs leave their offerings pretty much everywhere. Business owners typically keep the areas in front of their places clean, but the side streets and parks are another story. We were in a grassy park opposite a museum where I overhead a conversation between people in a tour group. This park was a stinky mine field where you had to walk carefully. The leader was going on about the wonderful history and culture represented by the magnificent architecture of the museum building and one of the group muttered rather loudly “Mierda de perro no es cultura!”. (tr: dog crap is not culture!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living