Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Yes, A LOT (most?) of people do not drive their trucks because it is "hot". They drive them because their truck performs a job in addition to hauling their rears from here to there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Personally, I love my trucks and SUV's. As for fuel - no, I don't complain. And while there may be vehicles more fuel efficient, those vehicles cannot do the job I ask of my Truck/SUV's.
I think you've touched on an important point.

While there are knot-heads who drive giant trucks around because they think it's cool, the majority of truck owners USE their trucks for jobs that cars could not do.

I've got an older truck that I've had for many years. I don't drive it much anymore, simply because I prefer to save gas when I can. But when I'm doing remodeling at a rental house, or I need to haul things, the little Ford Focus just doesn't cut the mustard. I need the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living