Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:51 PM

11 posts, read 39,696 times

Advertisements

Team Metro also likes to use cameras on a pole to see what's in your backyard, or zoom in to see what it inside your home. The front yard at my parent's home is always very clean, the best on the street

THIS IS ILLEGAL- ITS AGAINST THE US 14TH AMENDMENT AND THE STATE CONSTITUTION- ILLEGAL SEARCH -- IF THE POLICE CAN'T DO IT TEAM METRO SURE CAN'T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 03:38 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,237,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUAN ORDONEZ View Post
Team Metro also likes to use cameras on a pole to see what's in your backyard, or zoom in to see what it inside your home. The front yard at my parent's home is always very clean, the best on the street

THIS IS ILLEGAL- ITS AGAINST THE US 14TH AMENDMENT AND THE STATE CONSTITUTION- ILLEGAL SEARCH -- IF THE POLICE CAN'T DO IT TEAM METRO SURE CAN'T
I agree with that one and they also have no right to enter the property for any reason without asking.

If ain't in sight from the street it ain't there !

We had a neighbor with a horse in the back yard and the city said they could not go onto the property with out the owners permission. They even had a cow in the house.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,858,634 times
Team Metro?????? are they ever going ON your property?
seriously tallrick i cant tell what is going on in this picture, but it sure does look like you have a pile of crap visible from the front or your proprety.

so in response to your original question, i make things look nice and pretty to conform to our neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
What a complete waste of municipal time and energy. Team metro = GESTAPO

Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
Anyone is free to climb a tree or any other method to look in your yard. The police can look thru your windows of your car too.If you were a celebrity they would have helicopters overhead. The thing you are griping about is the right to violate civil law which is what codes are.There would be no need for this if epole just obaeyed the laws but they wouldn't.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:59 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,488,295 times
Better watch out or soon they'll be sending swat teams to enforce city codes like that too: https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ural-ohio.html

Hey if they'll resort to such tactics as the OP said they'd be willing to do it I bet...governments don't like independent people.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:05 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
I had an odd situation in a small town in Kansas. I lived on a corner lot, where there was a strip of grass between the public sidewalk and the street. Before I bought the house, workmen had dug up the pie-shaped piece at the corner for underground repairs, and no grass would grow there, it was jut rocky clay. So I bought a can of prairie wildflower mix and a can of miracle-gro and went out and raked them in. They blossomed beautifully. When the cornflowers and echinacea were a foot high, I got a citation from the city weed control officer. I responded by driving around to the addresses of a couple of city council members, and reported to t he police that their sweet corn and tomatoes were more than foot high, and demanded that they be cut down. The city then changed their tune and decided that they were obscuring the view of oncoming traffic at the intersection. They said if I didn't cut them, they would, and send me the bill. I lost.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,237,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Anyone is free to climb a tree or any other method to look in your yard. The police can look thru your windows of your car too.If you were a celebrity they would have helicopters overhead. The thing you are griping about is the right to violate civil law which is what codes are.There would be no need for this if epole just obaeyed the laws but they wouldn't.
Not if that tree is on my property.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:36 AM

11 posts, read 39,696 times
Default Office of Neighborhood Compliance (Formally Team Metro)

That is where you are wrong;
(1) You intentionally looking through or over someone's fence is called INVASION OF PRIVACY - in Florida its also called STALKING.
(2) Legally- Its called THE PLAIN SITE RULE - I.E If the police can see the "illegal act" in PLAIN SITE (police can look thru your windows of your car)- In California (Sacramento Police Procedures Manual) its called "SNEAKING" and would cause anything that the Police obtained under this action as INADMISABLE
(3) Also the only way that a Code Enforcement Officer can gain access to your house (including your back yard- legally called cutilage) is either by express permission of the owner or by an ADMINISTRATIVE WARRANT (read your Constitution) The Attorney General of the State of Florida wrote an Opion on this.

(4) The thing you are griping about is the right to violate civil law which is what codes are.There would be no need for this if epole just obaeyed the laws but they wouldn't. This where individuals like you scare me-- Just like any other Enforcement Officer- They must follow the law (and not be above the law) Many of thes Code Enforcment Officer enterpret the code to their liking-- That is what the Courts and Administative Hearings are there for (supposedly) to buffer the Actions of over zelous Code Enforcment Officers.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,919,501 times
Gotta chime in here because of the subject line. Code enforcement does not have to be your "enemy". They exist for a valid reason, and if you don't act like an arse, it's very likely they'll bend over backwards to help you figure out a way to comply that you will both be able to live with. They're used to people being jerks to them 24/7/365 and when they get someone who actually is polite and trying to work with them, it makes a huge difference in their attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living