Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times

Advertisements

Al Gore!!! Al Gore!! Where are you dude?????

You need to get up to Alaska right now with your fast Corporate jet, retinue and fancy limo to stop
[SIZE=2]the 10,200-foot Redoubt Volcano from erupting!!!

If this baby erupts just think of all the CO2 that will be shot into our troposphere! Help Al!! Please do something!!!!! Maybe you can penalize Mother Earth for this egregious action of having another volcano erupt!!!!
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 AM

164 posts, read 984,791 times
Maybe he could throw his fat a$$ on top of it and clog it up. That might work.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would humbly suggest sacrificing cometvoyager to the volcano god. Moderator cut: No personal attacks

Last edited by vec101; 02-26-2009 at 07:02 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM

65 posts, read 251,391 times
Default Super valcano in Yellowstone? Whats the current status?

I have read that there is indications that the super volcano in Yellowstone National park's lake is warming up to blow its top. its a dorman super volcano. What is the latest news on its seismic activity? If this goes boom.... even us in New England will not be spared from the ash!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I Yellowstone repeats its last caldera event the entire world will not be spared. The volcano is not just the lake, it is the entire park. Try reading a book entitled "Supervolcano". This provides information on the geologic history of the volcano and the hot spot driving the eruptions.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
I like to keep track of the seismic activity in Yellowstone; it has raised over 1000 feet and the geysers are off time. They can't predict if it will 'blow' tomorrow or a hundred years from now; but you can check out the activity there and all over the world at
Recent Earthquakes for Yellowstone
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/eqarchives/

Or keep an eye on the Redoubt: http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Redoubt.php

Like Mt St Helen's, any volcanic activity will spew ash and superheated gases into the atmosphere, and be carried on the prevailing winds - lower and upper level - all across the planet. I used to watch the clouds of ash as seen from satellites when Mt St Helen's spewed; totally awesome and it girdled the planet. Not only does the ash reflect back sunlight off of the earth's surface, but it mixes with rainfall hundreds, thousands of miles away, seeding the clouds, making the raindrops heavier and more particulate.

I would be so very charmed by the idea of sending all of the Algoreites and global warming pomposities to the site of either eruption that I would be happy to take up a collection to get them all there before the occurance. Maybe start a solicitation webpage with Paypal? Do you think it would qualify as a 501(c)3? Quick - everyone join hands and sing "Kumbaya!" I'd even pay for the marshmallows... at least no body bags would be necessary.

Last edited by SCGranny; 01-30-2009 at 04:27 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 05:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Supervolcanoes are man-made as well from all the CO2 we release in he air... you see the more CO2 in the air is heating up the supervolcano and when it is super hot it will blow and destroy the earth... I am using Global Warming fanatic science... believe and do not question it, or you will be labeled a denier and whatnot...

Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM

Default When is the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I Yellowstone repeats its last caldera event the entire world will not be spared. The volcano is not just the lake, it is the entire park. Try reading a book entitled "Supervolcano". This provides information on the geologic history of the volcano and the hot spot driving the eruptions.

Thank you Greg for the kind words! Is there any possibility that you and B'ichela are related?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
I like to keep track of the seismic activity in Yellowstone; it has raised over 1000 feet and the geysers are off time. They can't predict if it will 'blow' tomorrow or a hundred years from now; but you can check out the activity there and all over the world at
Recent Earthquakes for Yellowstone
Earthquake Lists & Maps

Or keep an eye on the Redoubt: Alaska Volcano Observatory - Redoubt - Activity Page

Like Mt St Helen's, any volcanic activity will spew ash and superheated gases into the atmosphere, and be carried on the prevailing winds - lower and upper level - all across the planet. I used to watch the clouds of ash as seen from satellites when Mt St Helen's spewed; totally awesome and it girdled the planet. Not only does the ash reflect back sunlight off of the earth's surface, but it mixes with rainfall hundreds, thousands of miles away, seeding the clouds, making the raindrops heavier and more particulate.

I would be so very charmed by the idea of sending all of the Algoreites and global warming pomposities to the site of either eruption that I would be happy to take up a collection to get them all there before the occurance. Maybe start a solicitation webpage with Paypal? Do you think it would qualify as a 501(c)3? Quick - everyone join hands and sing "Kumbaya!" I'd even pay for the marshmallows... at least no body bags would be necessary.
Can we also take up a collection for Greg W so he can ride with Al Gore!>?????

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM

65 posts, read 251,391 times
Default Error in size of caldera of Yellowstone, appoligy given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
My goof! sigh. Yes, the lake itself was part of the Caldera. As I pointed out.... If that thing pops its cork. All of the U.S is going to be suffering! Forget Mount Redoubt or even Mt St Helens. This beastie even makes Kraatoa look puny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living