Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
My wife & I could have 10 MORE kids and still live FAR more green than Al Gore does.

That's the absurd thing about all this. Those who are pushing green on everybody else, are often not living it themselves. And that means they really don't believe it.
This is exactly one of my objections to all the green hysterics going on now. The people pushing for it the most won't live that lifestyle. But in a way I'm not surprised. These very rich elitists want to live a good and comfortable life - I can't blame them on that. You need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Leading by example works best if you want to influence people to your point of view. That means cutting out very wasteful private jets, limosines and big houses that waste energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:10 PM

19 posts, read 51,557 times
I would not have fewer kids because it was supposed to be green. I do know someone that has this school of thought and I think it's a shame that he did not have children. He could have really taught the next generation a thing or two about saving our planet. However, if you don't want kids, then please don't have them. But as for being green, nope, I would still have them and conserve elsewhere.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:30 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I am not having children and ONE of the many reasons I'm not is because it just isn't a very responsible thing to do on an already overpopulated earth.

The environmental reason is not THE top reason but it's probably in the top 5...top 10 reasons.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
I realized that I never actually answered the question: No. I want 3 or 4 kids but don't want to start until I'm in my late 20s. Sorry but I won't let the religion of the elite influence important decisions such as this.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 AM

141 posts, read 287,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVivant View Post
A while back, I read this on a website (am looking for the link) that one of the top 10 ways to be green is to have fewer kids, better yet, to choose to not have kids! I don't know what to think. I see the point of less waste, etc. It sounds nice and practical on the surface. But in reality, having a child is an emotional decision. Isn't it?
I'd love to hear what you all think. Would you choose to have fewer children, or not have any just because it is GREEN thing to do?
the problem is intelligent productive people arent breeding, but lowbred leeches are reproducing at an alarming rate. the human race is turning to crap.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:04 AM

720 posts, read 705,661 times
With the fertility rate in the U.S. at 1.6 and the muslim rates at 8.1 it doesn't take a mathematician to figure out in 10 to 15 years our country will be Muslim and I don't think they are going to care about "Green" It takes a minimum 2.11 fertility rate to sustain a culture,we only have 1.6.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:20 AM

141 posts, read 287,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
With the fertility rate in the U.S. at 1.6 and the muslim rates at 8.1 it doesn't take a mathematician to figure out in 10 to 15 years our country will be Muslim and I don't think they are going to care about "Green" It takes a minimum 2.11 fertility rate to sustain a culture,we only have 1.6.
im more inclined to think we will be mexican

Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
I wouldn't fret too much over it:

snopes.com: Muslim Demographics

Old 08-24-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Actually the US birthrate is around 2.0 children per woman (white women being around 1.8, black women slightly higher, and Hispanic women around 3).

I have no idea where you got your 8.1 number for Muslim women but according to this site: http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/af...traditions.pdf, Muslims make up a mere .6% of the US population which translates into 1.6 million people. If every single Muslim woman gave birth to 8 children by 2024 then the whole Muslim population would still be at 7.2 million given no immigration.

The Muslims will soon overwhelm Western Europe probably but not the U.S.

I do agree that they will no remotely care about "green" and this is another argument to the stupidity of environmentally conscious people breeding themselves out of existence. If they really cared about the Earth and not trendiness then they would procreate and teach their ideals to the next generation instead of allowing future humanity to be dominated by people who don't share their ideals.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I wouldn't fret too much over it:

snopes.com: Muslim Demographics
This "debunking" is really more of a sweeping under the rug as far as Europe is concerned. I'd love to go into it but this isn't really the thread for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living