Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:40 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
There is a Green Party in the USA with a Growing Membership. Many feel believe Green Party Members are Left Wing Eco Fascist Zealots.

There are many words that will evoke debates within this forum. Green Living is one of them. Change it to Sustainable Living or Living Completely Off The Grid rather than attach it to a Left Wing Political Movement.
Then take your Right-Wing crap to the political forum. This has nothing to do with the Green Living sub-forum of City-Data.com.

Nobody cares about your or your opponents hate agenda. This is an ideas section for those interested in such things in a Green Living discussion. If you want to hate and fight with someone then take it to the appropriate section for that purpose. Geeeez get a clue!!!

The only time I've ever seen this turn into a left-wing debate is when some clown posts right-wing political garbage to egg on anyone who may be opposed. No one cares here. I refuse to even vote for any party or any government. Again, no one cares here.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:26 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
Let me steal from my politics rant, this will get shifted there anyways.

"That's the problem with politics of today. The opposition is no longer some one with a difference of opinion and ideas...they are evil incarnate, hate the country, unpatriotic, mentally ill, and will destroy the earth. Once we as people give value of the winner take all, anything to win, and my way or the highway philosophies we all lose. Debates stop, coexistence stops, and we are left with two propaganda spewing hate groups that work against each other because the others viewpoint is the one of the Antichrist...not because proposals would gain the most value."

Old 07-19-2009, 09:43 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,868 times
Default "Facts are Stubborn Things!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Then take your Right-Wing crap to the political forum. This has nothing to do with the Green Living sub-forum of City-Data.com.

Nobody cares about your or your opponents hate agenda. This is an ideas section for those interested in such things in a Green Living discussion. If you want to hate and fight with someone then take it to the appropriate section for that purpose. Geeeez get a clue!!!

The only time I've ever seen this turn into a left-wing debate is when some clown posts right-wing political garbage to egg on anyone who may be opposed. No one cares here. I refuse to even vote for any party or any government. Again, no one cares here.
I truly enjoy discussing objective views especially with someone who feels their point if view and mind is so open that unfortunately their brains have fallen out!

Hey Einstein, Since you are so smart and know everything, I have listed below for your reference no less than 7 Threads that are on page one of this "Green Forum". If you have a problem with the facts you may want to apply for an internship at MSNBC.

·The Global Warming ***** never cease to amaze me

·Are these scientists lying?
·Dem Congressman: ‘Nobody in This Country Realizes That Cap-and-Trade is a Tax’ (bike, cost)
·Five million green jobs? But they may cost more jobs elsewhere (paper, energy)
·Do you people really believe that co2 causes global warming? (greenhouse gases, buy)
·Green Forest Fires (heating, natural, environmental, charge)
·Fossil fuels is green energy (gas, global warming, natural, oil)

Old 07-19-2009, 09:50 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
And from the Number 1 stickied post at the top of the forum:

Quote:
Some global warming posts do belong in Green Living, others are stretching it, and others just plain belong in other forums.

The thread titled Global Warming Catch-All will serve as a deposit for most new global warming threads.

Please note that unless the GW post really deals with Green Living, it will be moved to the thread titled Global Warming Catch-All thread, moved to another forum, or it will be deleted.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Read the Title of this Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
And from the Number 1 stickied post at the top of the forum:
This thread has to do with the Economics of the Green Living & the Green Movement. Facts are Stubborn things!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:21 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times
Quote:
This thread has to do with the Economics of the Green Living & the Green Movement. Facts are Stubborn things!
It's a rant, not a discussion post, which is why it belongs in Politics if anywhere.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 AM

202 posts, read 821,117 times
Default Need a new moderator

This forum needs a new moderator or it should be titled "I'm against Green Living".

Old 07-19-2009, 10:37 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
It's a rant, not a discussion post, which is why it belongs in Politics if anywhere.
Which is basically it's purpose. It's simply another right-wing smart-ass thread. If it was left-wing smart-ass thread I'd also call it for what it is.

Most seem to ignore the Sticky warning you quoted as if they personally are immune to such rules. When the rules are not enforced then it simply gets worse. I don't vote for any side ever, but apparently this guy Obama getting elected has them all up in arms. They never get it that no matter who gets elected, it's our world who gets screwed in the end. So when most people in the politics forum get bored with their rants and refuse to respond to them, they take it elsewhere for no other reason then to get a rise out of someone.

Can you imagine not having a life and this substitute gives you some warped sense of purpose ???

Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Default George Orwell's Green Cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Which is basically it's purpose. It's simply another right-wing smart-ass thread. If it was left-wing smart-ass thread I'd also call it for what it is.

Most seem to ignore the Sticky warning you quoted as if they personally are immune to such rules. When the rules are not enforced then it simply gets worse. I don't vote for any side ever, but apparently this guy Obama getting elected has them all up in arms. They never get it that no matter who gets elected, it's our world who gets screwed in the end. So when most people in the politics forum get bored with their rants and refuse to respond to them, they take it elsewhere for no other reason then to get a rise out of someone.

Can you imagine not having a life and this substitute gives you some warped sense of purpose ???
Ratio's don't lie!

By the way, make sure you make your rant on the threads below as well. Since you appear to have so much autocratic wisdom!!! Having you on the local library board would truly be a Orwellian deja vu!
·The Global Warming ***** never cease to amaze me

·Are these scientists lying?
·Dem Congressman: ‘Nobody in This Country Realizes That Cap-and-Trade is a Tax’ (bike, cost)
·Five million green jobs? But they may cost more jobs elsewhere (paper, energy)
·Do you people really believe that co2 causes global warming? (greenhouse gases, buy)
·Green Forest Fires (heating, natural, environmental, charge)
·Fossil fuels is green energy (gas, global warming, natural, oil)

Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
Quote:
Ratio's don't lie!
Ratios and statistics are the easiest way to lie, you just have to select the best criteria for your purpose to use for each number. If no one looks closely at it, and most people usually don't because they are bad at math, they can regurgitate it and not understand it till the day they die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living