Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM

351 posts, read 1,070,088 times

Advertisements

Raleigh "City of Oaks" with plenty of greenways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 PM

16,721 posts, read 29,594,379 times
Atlanta, hands down.

Known as "The City in a Forest."

Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 AM

746 posts, read 1,678,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Seattle iand Houston are green. BUT...I think DC and Atlanta are in a world of their own. Very very green and you think you're not even in a major metropolitan area if you visited these two areas.

I have no pictures of DC but I do have them of Atlanta.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4009/p1011284es5.jpg (broken link)

DC is very very similar.
What mountain is that in the background?

Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,746,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
What mountain is that in the background?

Stone Mountian. Many people on CD will decry this beutiful place as a monument to Southern Glory and Slavery.....Not me but some will....

Stone Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,254,047 times
Seattle wins. Hands down. She is the most beautiful city to fly into. Seattle has trees everywhere and lots of parks and lots of water. There's a park with over 400 acres that is only a few minutes drive from downtown; then there's Lincoln park in West Seattle.

I'm going to shut up, so not too many people will move there. Damn, I miss that city.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,033,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
As I fly I like to look out the window as the plane drops into the Airport. The window seat gives me a better perspective of the look and feel of the city I am traveling to. One thing I really notice is the number of trees the metro area of a city has. Some Cities were built in a naturally forested setting but most of the trees were cut down when the area developed and few were replaced. While others are beautiful with tons of large trees all over town.

Does your town have enough trees and which City (metro area) has the most trees?
DC
Atlanta
Houston
Seattle
Portland

Any city in the Pine Belt of the South.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 PM

746 posts, read 1,678,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Stone Mountian. Many people on CD will decry this beutiful place as a monument to Southern Glory and Slavery.....Not me but some will....

Stone Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well regardless it's beautiful.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 AM

96 posts, read 165,583 times
Pittsburgh. It should be nicknamed Tree City. I read somewhere that it is the city with the largest deer population.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,190,285 times
Pgbh has a lot of wooded hills within the city, true.

Atlanta is pretty amazing. It is, indeed, built in the middle of a big forest. There is no "countryside",...you drive out of town into woodland or scrub country interlaced with suburbia, then its just forest and scrubland...The suburbs are amazingly wooded (thinking of the Toco Hills area north of Decatuer).

Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,995,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
As I fly I like to look out the window as the plane drops into the Airport. The window seat gives me a better perspective of the look and feel of the city I am traveling to. One thing I really notice is the number of trees the metro area of a city has. Some Cities were built in a naturally forested setting but most of the trees were cut down when the area developed and few were replaced. While others are beautiful with tons of large trees all over town.

Does your town have enough trees and which City (metro area) has the most trees?
Kansas City Missouri has had an streets & boulevards department responsible for planting trees all over the city, especially along the city and residential neighborhood streets, for well over 75 years.

Here is a link that talks about the value of our city's planted trees:
http://www.heartlandtreealliance.org/egap.php?id=230 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living