Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 11:31 AM

54 posts, read 130,409 times

Advertisements

I have read a few posts where folks can't find upscale Asian/Chinese cuisine and sushi here.
In Greensboro, try Phoenix Asian. It leaves PF Changs in the dust. Everything is prepared fresh to order and wonderful.
(Though we have not tried the sushi.)
We bring all our out of town guests here and they are impressed.
All our family special occasions take place here.
Wonderful atmosphere and wait staff as well.
We are thankful for its existence.
Our favorite place to eat in the Triad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 AM

4 posts, read 7,226 times
Eeek!! Let's get one thing clear: PF Chang's is not Chinese food. Their entrees may be *inspired* by Chinese food and they may claim to be a Chinese restaurant, but they're no more Chinese than Red Lobster is a "seafood place".

There is a LOT of Asian cuisines, so here are a few suggestions:

Thai - Rearn, Taste of Thai (both GSO)
Chinese - China Palace (Kernersville)
Indian - Msala (High Point)
Vietnamese - Saigon (GSO)

They jury's still out on Japanese, Malaysian, Filipino, Singaporean and Korean.

Personally, I try to steer clear of a place that claims to be, for example, any Thai restaurant that also serves Chinese and Vietnamese and sushi. It usually means they're not authentic, and typically, it also means they suck. Boo!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:05 AM

69 posts, read 165,394 times
I tend to agree about the chain restaurants - they tend to be geared toward folks that have never had authentic asian food, but it's all good and the food isn't bad at Phoenix (I've been invited there on occassion ) I'm writing to tell about a good little Korean BBQ at Guilford College & Hwy 40. They have a super cheap lunch buffet with authentic Korean food as well as sushi. Last I was there it is $10 all you can eat! Yum! I just made myself hungry...

Also, I know the post is about Greensboro, but there is an awesome Thai place in Burlington, NC called Dan Thai on Church Street. Their Thai-Hot Pad Thai dish is the best!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM

12 posts, read 29,844 times
I really like Chang Thai in Clemmons.

Clean. Good Service. Very good Thai food.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:23 PM

61 posts, read 165,793 times
I second Phoenix!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 AM

4 posts, read 7,226 times
Just a note about Dan Thai. The stalls in the restrooms don't have doors; they have these opaque shower-curtain type things that go to the floor. It's hard to tell if there's someone in there.

They have pretty good curry. The last time I was there, the menu had changed and they serve some Vietnamese too. Haven't tried any, but the curry is still good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point