Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,177,568 times

Advertisements

No need to leave Winston-Salem for authentic Mexican food. Las Estrellas, El Paisano, La Botana, and a number of taquerias offer excellent Mexican fare (I'm talking real Mexican, not the usual Speedy Gonzales-type menu items).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 01:10 PM

12 posts, read 42,852 times
Went to Dioli's for dinner last night..tasty Italian right in downtown W-S..all pasta homemade, good prices on beer and wine, sat by the window and people-watched..they also have an Italian deli on Reynolda.
Not sure about French but I like Meridian, Mozelle's, have had a good dinner at Noma although I've heard others disagree, Sweet Potatoes, West End Cafe or lunch, Diamondback Grill in Beuna Vista. Hopefully there will be more great places downtown as the area continues to evolve.
Oh, also...the only place for coffee is Krankies (downtown). Great unky atmosphere and very un farmers market on tues a.m. 10-1.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM

13 posts, read 25,229 times
Thumbs up Firebird's

Firebird's is incredible.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 880 times
I agree with the previous poster's comments about the restaurants and coffee shops (but try Brew Nerds as a starbucks alternative if you don't like Krankies!)
I am quite a fan of going out to eat myself. I do it almost every day!
There are some fantastic italian restaurants in Winston-Salem! My personal favorite to sit down and eat at, without a doubt, is Vincenzo's, located off of Robinhood road in the Mount Tabor district.
As far as french, a place I've never tried but have friends who work there, is Noble's Grille in the Krispy Kreme, right on the corner of Knollwood and Highway 40. It's at least french according to urbanspoon (check there for good places!). I've heard only good things about it except that it may be pricey.
Man, I sure do wish Zivelli's was still there - I've heard it was incredible.
But, yeah, for best italian, I'd hands down say Vincenzo's - or some poeple Paul's Fine Italian Dining, literally a block away from it on Robinhood (a rivalry?).
Here are my favorite restaurants in Winston-Salem for each type:
Pizza: Burke street Pizza BY FAR for take-out, for eat-in I'd go with Vincenzo's or the Mellow Mushroom.
The Mellow Mushroom is a very unusual pizzeria, my favorite to eat at. it's straight downtown up to the street with tables, and the pizza is one of a kind but heavenly.
Also, a brand new take-out and cook-at-home place is called "papa Murph's" on Robinhood and Peace Haven. I had it once. it blew me away.
Mexican: La Caretta or El Dorado. LC has numerous locations around town.
I'm a regular at QDOBA, a fresh burrito joint located on Miller Street. Absolutely incredible.
Hamburger: Definitely Five Guys. It's a chain, but I think it beats all the local places. If you want to go to a sit-down place, try the Village Tavern. It's great in every way, usually crowded.
Subs: Hero House is the rage around here. I've only had it once, but I'm bracing myself for the new firehouse subs about to open!
Steakhouse: Ryan's, located on Coliseum.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM

14 posts, read 24,082 times
Firebird is neither French or Italian. I am a sumer resident of Maine. Resturant food and service will be different here than in Portland. But-----when in Rome--try Roman food. As I have moved around and lived in different places; Check out the different resturants. Other people may not have the same tastes as you. As you live here; you will find the ones you like and the ones you had rather stay away from. Your tastes will change and evolve---It is part of the charm of living in different locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point