Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM

17 posts, read 83,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyaninnc View Post
I PM'd the relocation guy and his email to your private message.

Hope it helps you out and good luck to you on your move hear to this wonderful area. Clemmons schools are really good.

Thanks I have emailed him but no reply yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
There are Clemmons addresses in north Davidson County. The addresses that make up ND west of Hwy 52 are Winston Salem, Clemmons and Lexington. All three feed into the ND school district.

To the OP:

If you are looking for a house to rent in Clemmons, check the WS newspaper online, journalnow.com. If the ad says the house is in Clemmons, then it will be Clemmons proper. If the ad says North Davidson, then it means in northern Davidson County--could be a Clemmons, WS, or Lexington address. (Within 5 miles of me are all 3 addresses and I am just inside the county line.) If you look at the rent ads, you may see a rental agency advertising a house and I would give them a call and see if they can help you find a house. Some realtors may know of a house here or there, but generally it is just by word of mouth.

West Forsyth would be a good high school with good academics and a swim team. The Clemmons YMCA is right off the 'main drag'. There are swim teams through the Y that travel. I know there is a riding/boarding stable in Lewisville for your girls to ride horses. My friend has worked there for years. She also teaches riding and they travel some for competitions. Whew, you sound busy! Good luck!
Yes I am busy, but it will be worth the while. Thanks for the info on the horse stable and all. I believe I am looking into the right area for us, I just need a house to rent for a few months. it is not that easy to find! I will be working for the WS school district so I can't go as far as Davidson county I need to stay closer to WS. I will check the resources you mentioned, thank you

Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM

222 posts, read 936,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddclan View Post
Yes I am busy, but it will be worth the while. Thanks for the info on the horse stable and all. I believe I am looking into the right area for us, I just need a house to rent for a few months. it is not that easy to find! I will be working for the WS school district so I can't go as far as Davidson county I need to stay closer to WS. I will check the resources you mentioned, thank you
Davidson county info was for clarification. Didn't think you were wanting DC at all.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Default thanks

I do appreciate the info. I don't really know anything about DC I'm just trying to stay as close to the city as possible and still be in the school school of choice. thanks again, the more info the better.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,791 times
just a warning about west forsyth high school!!!! it has the biggest druggies. my brothers go there and i went there and the influence to do bad this is awful. teachers are great students are horrible. worst school ever.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 4,773 times
Default Live near Clemmons

Hi,

I live in the small community of Arcadia. It is an EXCELLENT place to live. We have a great elementary school and high school. This part of Clemmons IS in Davidson County with MUCH lower taxes than Forsyth. I also have an 8 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. The North Davidson County schools are crowded but the teachers are great. Also, Friedberg elementary was voted the NC school of technology in 2005.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM

Default maemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by maemom View Post
Hi,

I live in the small community of Arcadia. It is an EXCELLENT place to live. We have a great elementary school and high school. This part of Clemmons IS in Davidson County with MUCH lower taxes than Forsyth. I also have an 8 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. The North Davidson County schools are crowded but the teachers are great. Also, Friedberg elementary was voted the NC school of technology in 2005.

Boy this is hard to find an area that you won't regret. Coming from Cali with our abnormal tax rate I don't believe I could be shocked, never know though. Lower taxes sound great. I will do a search and check it out. I just don't want to commute too far. Having three kids doesn't allow much leway. Any info is helpful, we are on our way in two weeks, ahhh.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM

222 posts, read 936,448 times
Todd, I know there are properties in N Davidson that have barns or stables. Depending where in Forsyth you will be working, your time for traveling should be 30 minutes or less.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Default wish I had more time

I was on other posts and people are putting down NC as a whole. Some said the education system is bad. It's hard for me to believe coming from Cali. One reason I wanted to move to NC was for the education, but with the inflex I hope I'm not in for another Cali situation!!!!

I will have a few days after we get to WS to look around. I will look into Davidson and the commute. Do you know of any rentals in Arcadia?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:37 PM

676 posts, read 3,076,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddclan View Post
I was on other posts and people are putting down NC as a whole. Some said the education system is bad. It's hard for me to believe coming from Cali. One reason I wanted to move to NC was for the education, but with the inflex I hope I'm not in for another Cali situation!!!!

I will have a few days after we get to WS to look around. I will look into Davidson and the commute. Do you know of any rentals in Arcadia?
We live in Arcadia and just moved here from CA last summer. My husband works for Forsyth school district and it takes him 12 minutes to get to his school. It really depends on where you will be working. There are parts of Winston-Salem out near Reynolda that will be at least a 30 minute drive. We have noticed driving is different out here. The length of time doesn't have to do with traffic, but more with stop lights and 2 lane roads. There can be congestion (which is still VERY mild by CA standards) in town with long stop lights. Otherwise, I would say it would probably take you about an average of 25 minutes to get anywhere from Arcadia.

The people who put down NC education tend to be from the New England states where they are use to top notch schools. In CA we are use to bottom notch schools and NC is probably medium notch schools....I remember reading some list a few years ago that had CT or MA as number 1, CA near 47 or something like that and NC at around 25th in the nation.

I have seen rental signs every so often on houses out in Arcadia, but I am not sure of the main rental agency. I know I see Baldwin rental company listed on a lot of the places in Winston-Salem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point