Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM

11 posts, read 33,638 times

Advertisements

Hi! could someone who lives in mackintosh on the lake in burlington tell me what the commute to rtp is AND what the middle and high schools are like? we love the neighborhood but we know nothing about the area! we live in NH and are being relocated. we are also looking in cary. i did not drive around burlington, dont know anything about the area ( or NC really) and just want a great place to raise our family. I am a Talbot's gal, and my boys are soccer guys. love our lab and husband works hard for us... we are a traditional family but appear untraditional ( husband asian, i am white... kids are beige )

Thank you all who respond!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM

22 posts, read 91,696 times
Adding a bump to this one. I have the same questions.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 AM

23 posts, read 64,356 times
I live in Burlington I drive to Cary 2or 3 times a week from the exit 151 in to Cary it takes 45 mins at speed of 65 I drive it around 7.00 am most morning but if you take the trip arounf 4 or 5 pm it will br 1 hour. I like the Burlington area we are retired working couple I enjoy beening between GSO and Raleigh. I go more to the Ralegh area GBS seem to drity for me most of the time. If you search out the area you will find some really nice famliy areas beween the two aras new and old . Stoney Creek ect. If you can come a visted fro a week or so it would be a great ideal. Burlington just open a new up to date Mall .Elon area is a great place to visit.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM

57 posts, read 198,473 times
I live about 8-10 minutes south of I-85 in Burlington (in between Hwy. 49 and Hwy. 87). I drive to RTP daily. It takes me 45 minutes from my driveway to the parking lot at work. I can be at Duke University Hospital in 35 minutes.

I'm not sure what school district your development is in, but my realtor told me that the West Burlington and Southern Alamance districts were preferable.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:22 PM

11 posts, read 33,638 times
Thank you both very much!

Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 AM

525 posts, read 2,127,829 times
I concur on the 45 mins- keep an eye or ear out for the traffic reports, and you should be fine. Burlington area is fast becoming a bedroom community for RTP and for GSO/HP/WS areas.

check out the schools here:
NC School Report Cards

I sold a house in the area to a fam and the husband gets to Durham in less than 30 but I am not sure where his office is. Being in that area keeps the job prospect pool very large!

Good luck!

Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 PM

213 posts, read 212,882 times
How is living at the lake on MacIntosh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point