Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 PM

40 posts, read 109,868 times

Advertisements

I am returning to N.C. after 25 years in NY/Conn. I would like to live in Winston Salem in a middle class neighborhood but not a new development/new homes. Also we have 2 school age children.
What are some good older, safe neighborhoods? The crime statistics seem high for Winston but I love the arts emphasis and the piedmont area.
Anne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM

222 posts, read 936,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superocean View Post
I am returning to N.C. after 25 years in NY/Conn. I would like to live in Winston Salem in a middle class neighborhood but not a new development/new homes. Also we have 2 school age children.
What are some good older, safe neighborhoods? The crime statistics seem high for Winston but I love the arts emphasis and the piedmont area.
Anne
I would look at Ardmore area with older homes. That area is or has been popular with the medical residents and their young families.

Clemmons north to Pfafftown have some good older neighborhoods, too.

Not all, but most crimes occur in the eastern part of the city. The mall has a lot that goes on that is never reported, too.

If my memory serves me, the areas you knew about 25 yrs ago are probably about the same. Roads have changed and new homes/developments have gone up, but that's been on what used to be farmland.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Thanks, I am from Elkin so am also familiar with that side of Winston and I thought the crime was probably regulated to a specific section.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

93 posts, read 354,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superocean View Post
Anne
price range please!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Price Range

Sorry. Looking for something affordable. $150,000 to $175.000 if possible. Could go to $200,000 but would rather not.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 16,778 times
I would recommend LongCreek Village in Pfafftown for that price range home. There is a new section being constructed now but there are a few existing homes in the first few sections coming up for sale.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM

93 posts, read 354,823 times
there are tons of good older neighborhoods in that price range.

Town & Country comes to mind!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 PM

273 posts, read 950,139 times
I would agree with all of the above, and maybe Lewisville? My wife and I just purchased a home in a subdivision called Kingstree. It's easy to downtown (7-10 mins), located just south of town, between Peters Creek and Main. We really like it, wooded, hilly terrain, ~20 years old. Large lots (.30-.40 acre), and quite abit of home for the money (140k-180k). There is a new portion of the subdivision that being developed called The Chase at Kingstree. The only downsides would be there are no sidewalks-but seems to be very kind to walkers. Also, the immediate schools are not the best. My wife works in three (Easton, Philo, and Parkland). She says Easton Elementary is a great school, but once you get to Philo Middle and Parkland High, it gets a little rough. The flip to that is you can go to other schools in the zone, which is what our neighbors do. Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point