Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM

97 posts, read 227,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
^ Agreed. We moved here from Charlotte almost 20 years ago, and it took some adjusting. We'd show up to places about 30 minutes early because we were so used to battling Charlotte traffic. It took a while for it to sink in that we can get just about anywhere in 15 minutes or so!
Love it here...not sure where you live...but even in Advance...we can be at Hanes Hall in 10min, downtown Winston-Salem in 15 minutes & downtown Greensboro in 45 minutes. All non-rush hour of course. It would take 30-35 min (non-rush hour) just to cross town if you were lucky in Charlotte. I was never trying to compare the 2...you can't...love that most times of the day there is no traffic in the Triad. You can imagine the traffic has tripled or more in 20 years. There are 5-10 mi back ups every day mon-fri on I-77 & I-85 & I-485...not just a few miles. You are talking about 1.6 million people (CSA) in the Triad...and 2.4 million (CSA) in metro Charlotte...almost 800,00 more people there in the metro area. Love it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,048,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte2Advance View Post
Love it here...not sure where you live...but even in Advance...we can be at Hanes Hall in 10min, downtown Winston-Salem in 15 minutes & downtown Greensboro in 45 minutes. All non-rush hour of course. It would take 30-35 min (non-rush hour) just to cross town if you were lucky in Charlotte. I was never trying to compare the 2...you can't...love that most times of the day there is no traffic in the Triad. You can imagine the traffic has tripled or more in 20 years. There are 5-10 mi back ups every day mon-fri on I-77 & I-85 & I-485...not just a few miles. You are talking about 1.6 million people (CSA) in the Triad...and 2.4 million (CSA) in metro Charlotte...almost 800,00 more people there in the metro area. Love it here!
Traffic up here is a breeze! My wife and I moved up here from Charlotte 5 years and we still laugh when the natives complain about traffic up here. I would take I40 and Wendover Avenue anyday over I77, Independence,Sharon Amity, S. Blvd, etc..!!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM

11 posts, read 21,351 times
Technically Silas Creek Parkway is a highway too. NC-67.

PARKway is about right in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point