Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM

525 posts, read 2,124,788 times

Advertisements

Randleman is a great area- randolph county has lower taxes, less people than Guilford but it's still 10 minutes to Asheboro only about 15-20 mins to Greensboro where the hub bub is, if you want to call it that. My vet is in Randleman and it takes me 15 minutes from door to door. Construction business in this area (including Randolph county) is good, but it will depend on exactly what you do whether or not you will be super busy or just regular busy. Now would be a good time to buy before people start moving there in droves.

Get the land and build the house later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM

Randleman is great- my vet is there and it takes me 15-20 mins door to door from GSBO, plus it's only 15 mins to the zoo. Property is cheap, taxes are lower but you are still close enough to drive to some fun.

Buy now and build later!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:04 PM

sorry double post.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:45 PM

5 posts, read 15,885 times
Thank you for your input.I am a carpenter for the county and have my home improvement company on the side.I think we will have to visit the area ,there seems to be a lot of land for sale there.How are the snake and mosquittos there. has to be a negative to moving there

Old 10-07-2007, 09:22 PM

14 posts, read 50,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmum
I am living in Pembroke Pines Florida and considering moving to NC. I just visited Gastonia few days ago. Could someone recommend to me the best 2 places of these cities. Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Winston Salem. I have 3 kids (8,5 & 2) so goods schools will be important to me. I am in the banking sector and my hubby is in the IT sector.
My kids are 8 & 12
The oldest went to K & 1st in one Forsyth County school, then 2nd grade in another Forsyth County School (Winston Salem area).

We then moved to Guilford County (Greensboro, High Point area) and the quality of teachers was 110% better!

Greensboro has better and higher paying jobs than Winston.

As I stated in another post, in my personal opinion, Guilford County as a whole has a slightly higher class of living than that of Forsyth.

I lived in Charlotte for 2 years, but that was in the late 70's, so I wouldn't think it relevant to post about it (although it was great then).

My personal opinion would be to stick with Guilford County.
If you're financially well to do, Oak Ridge would be a wonderful place to live.
It's just outside of Greensboro.
An entire "upper class" small town.

If you're looking for cheaper housing on the outskirts of town, you could consider Stokesdale (cheapest) Belews Creek (mid to upper) or Colfax (mid)

Colfax is the smallest, (5 miles from one side to the other) but only 4 miles to either Greensboro or High Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point