Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM

115 posts, read 179,187 times

Advertisements

So you went WFW&P. That's great. We might have walked right by each other. Yes, there was a good amount of parking available and the retail building was not mobbed and veggies are still not all that exciting, but I still enjoyed walking around in the nice weather.

Have you ever tried purchasing any of the 'direct from the farm' meats? I get so disappointed in the quality/taste of the meats in the grocery store. I want to try some of the farm direct meats. Have you tried any?

Have you been to any good seafood markets in the region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,395 times
I have commented about this before...I'm surprised this forum doesn't get more activity, especially compared to other NC forums. Being new to the area, it would be nice to find area-specific tips like in other forums.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

12 posts, read 43,296 times
I want to move to the triad. I actually will be in a couple of weeks. We love it there. I am always slightly dissapointed though when there isn't any activity on these boards. Their kind of my lifeline to Winston Salem right now.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I have commented about this before...I'm surprised this forum doesn't get more activity, especially compared to other NC forums. Being new to the area, it would be nice to find area-specific tips like in other forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgiapeach View Post
I want to move to the triad. I actually will be in a couple of weeks. We love it there. I am always slightly dissapointed though when there isn't any activity on these boards. Their kind of my lifeline to Winston Salem right now.
When I joined CD this forum was reasonably active, what happened to it is beyond me.
And for the record I rarely start threads as I suck at selecting topic matter.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
So you went WFW&P. That's great. We might have walked right by each other. Yes, there was a good amount of parking available and the retail building was not mobbed and veggies are still not all that exciting, but I still enjoyed walking around in the nice weather.

Have you ever tried purchasing any of the 'direct from the farm' meats? I get so disappointed in the quality/taste of the meats in the grocery store. I want to try some of the farm direct meats. Have you tried any?

Have you been to any good seafood markets in the region?
I have purchased direct meat from time to time via a friend, but being just two of us we don't purchase in large quantity. One grocery store we shop, Earth Fare, does get some of the meat local. We don't typically go to seafood markets for no other reason then we just don't go.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 AM

115 posts, read 179,187 times
I like Earth Fare too. Wish they were a little cheaper though.

We are only two people also, but there is no minimum purchase from the vendors at the Farmer's Market. I did buy some chicken from the farmer from Liberty, NC and it was very good, but he is not always out there.

We love seafood. I am told there is a good fish market downtown somewhere. I think I'll create a new thread to ask if anyone knows it. I tried to look it up, but there are several listed and I have no idea which one is the best one.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
I always consider the Triad, North Carolina best kept secret. The infrastructure around Winston and Greensboro IMO is better or head of the game of the bigger metros in this state who are just trying to catch up with their growth.
It ideally situated being in middle as well. The bigger cities and beach and mountains are within reasonable travel time.

Far as thread topic, I think it lack of people relocating here from out of state and those who relocate from within the state may not need a message forum to help out.

During the holidays I posted a thread about local events but it seem not to grab anyone interest.
I would be glad to sticky any good thread topic you guys create. This forum has room for two. I like the suggestion on tips.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,435,061 times
One of the reasons why the Triad forums are less populated than Charlotte and Triangle forums is that fewer people are moving to the Triad than the other two areas. Much of the traffic and postings on this forum are from people who moving or interested in moving to an area. Charlotte and the Triangle are two of the most popular areas for people to move in the entire nation, so naturally, there will be a lot of activity on those forums.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,395 times
It's not just that this forum gets fewer threads than the Triangle or Charlotte; it gets about 1/10th the number of threads, and fewer than Western NC or Coastal NC.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
It's not just that this forum gets fewer threads than the Triangle or Charlotte; it gets about 1/10th the number of threads, and fewer than Western NC or Coastal NC.
WNC and Coastal NC are tourist areas, so those forums get a lot of visitor threads, not just relocation threads.

I still think it's just plain silly to judge the livability/desirability of an area based on the number of postings on C-D. Geez.....

I came to C-D in 2008 when my husband and I were making an out of state move. I found C-D to be an extremely useful resource on learning things about our new community, but in no way did C-D play a part in the decision itself.

I've stuck around, in part, because I've enjoyed repaying the helpfulness of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point