Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM

121 posts, read 382,875 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a feel for the three cities (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point)? Is there anything different about any of them for living-wise? Is one younger vs. more family-oriented? Does one have a better social/arts scene than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM

17 posts, read 83,460 times
depends on what you want. I am looking toward teh Clemmons/Lewisville are. A bit more expensive but it has what I need, more room. I like the country like setting but still close to everything. From the research I have done the Winston-Salem area has more bang (shops activities), less problems. I could be wrong but this is what I have found so far. If you read other posts you will learn. good luck!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
I'd rank them as Greensboro, Winston-Salem, then Highpoint but some people may disagree with me and pick Winston first. It's really a toss up, you can't go wrong with any of them but I personally do not like High point. I love northern parts of Greensboro (Browns Summit, Summerfield, Oakridge).

Old 08-03-2007, 01:32 AM

72 posts, read 313,911 times
Winston Salem (Clemmons), Kernersville, Greensboro in that rank. I don't fieel nothing on High Point all though I know people who love it there. It all depends on likes, wants, and needs I guess. Family wise I would rank Clemmons (Winston Salem) first, Kernersville second, Greensboro third. Socialy and younger Greensboro first Winston Salem second. Arts, well, Winston Salem is called the city of arts so that should tell you that.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 AM

121 posts, read 382,875 times
Thanks. Re: High Point, people have mentioned that they love it there--others that there are gangs, and others that it is a very wealthy snobby town. I was a bit confused.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:11 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Having lived in all three, I'd have to agree with the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, then Highpoint ranking, although I also agree it's pretty much a toss-up. We ended up living along the Wendover Ave corridor, which placed us right in the middle of everything - we were easily accessible to Jamestown, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem. We went to Winston-Salem for Shopping (Hanes Mall), BBQ (Little Richards), college football (Wake Forest). and dining (Village Tavern, Mid-Town Dessertery, and Mayberry) and racing (Bowman Gray Stadium). We went to Greensboro for nightlife (Coliseum Complex and downtown) and dining (too many places to list). Highpoint, not so much, other than BBQ (Carter Brothers) and Italian (Rome Pizza) and ice cream (Brusters).

Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 23,657 times
Default Triad

I grew up in Kernersville and moved away 16 years ago. We go back every two years or so to visit family, and I have been amazed with the growth. My mother was a coordinator at the Sawtooth Center for Visual Design in W/S and my dad worked in Market Research in W/S and Gboro. Kernersville was the obvious best central location for the two. It is a great family town...mostly a bedroom community with good schools and churches. My brother recently moved to Davie Co near Tanglewood and that area is really becoming what Kville was about 10 years ago. If you are a family.....I would definitely recommend Kernersville or Clemmons....if you are single-the new loft living and professional lifestyle condos in W/S seem really appealing. My absolute favorite is Oakridge....a G'boro suburb with beautiful homes on large lots or acreage...an overall upscale community. Prices seem to be a bit higher than average there, though. It is close enough to Kernersville so that if we moved back, we would be familiar with the surroundings. It is top on our list and we visit open houses there every time we go home.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
The beauty about living in the triad is that you can enjoy what each of these cities have to offer. A good central location between the three is Kernersville, NC , Union Cross, NC, Horneytown NC (try for the Davidson County side for cheaper taxes) Georgetown, & Wallburg

They are all great laid back friendly towns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point