Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,492,718 times

Advertisements

Moreover, the Charlotte area is much larger in population and area than the Triad, and the Triangle is now significantly larger in those respects. The population and growth rates are not comparable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 11,831 times
Does anyone have any information on the Equestrian Village near Pinehurst? I believe that's the area...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,556,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick&Diane View Post
Does anyone have any information on the Equestrian Village near Pinehurst? I believe that's the area...
Here is a thread for Carolina Equestrian Village (Carthage, NC), but I'm not sure why this is in the Triad forum. The Pinehurst area really isn't in any of the metro areas and probably should be in the generic North Carolina forum.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,621,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick&Diane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Here is a thread for Carolina Equestrian Village (Carthage, NC), but I'm not sure why this is in the Triad forum. The Pinehurst area really isn't in any of the metro areas and probably should be in the generic North Carolina forum.

I agree, the main North Carolina forum is where you inquire about Pinehurst, even though there rarely anyone on this forum from that area but maybe someone has answer Rick & Diane your seeking.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:18 PM

85 posts, read 185,500 times
Glad to see the comments and other threads pop up, the Triad CAN hold its own against Raleigh and Charlotte in just about every way and even exceed them occasionally. Hopefully, you all will keep this momentum going.

Just trying to light a fire under Uranus.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,604 times
New member and former lurker here. I too, wonder why there is such little activity here. When reading the Charlotte board, I don't have enough time in the day to catch up. I'll do my best to contribute in the future from Burlington. Thanks for being here.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,601,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
I like Earth Fare too. Wish they were a little cheaper though.

We are only two people also, but there is no minimum purchase from the vendors at the Farmer's Market. I did buy some chicken from the farmer from Liberty, NC and it was very good, but he is not always out there.

We love seafood. I am told there is a good fish market downtown somewhere. I think I'll create a new thread to ask if anyone knows it. I tried to look it up, but there are several listed and I have no idea which one is the best one.
Earth Fare is pricey but no more than Fresh Market or Whole Foods. EF's food policy is the main reason we go there.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 PM

115 posts, read 179,605 times
Haven't been in Whole Foods yet. I like Fresh Market but it is expensive. I find that all of the quality supermarkets are expensive. We moved here from overseas and it has been a bit of a price shock.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,601,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
Haven't been in Whole Foods yet. I like Fresh Market but it is expensive. I find that all of the quality supermarkets are expensive. We moved here from overseas and it has been a bit of a price shock.
Whole Foods is due to open next week, there has been one in Winston for many years. But yeah, quality markets charge quality prices.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 PM

272 posts, read 788,638 times
I recently discovered both Whole Foods and Fresh Market. Of the two I prefer the latter, but I question the whole concept behind these places. I think the key is to learn to eat what is in season because doing so will get you fresh local food at great prices. Consider farmers markets or food co-ops. That way you support local farmers while getting the freshest food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point