Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 07:44 PM

5 posts, read 15,664 times

Advertisements

I'm a currently living in Miami and considering moving to Greensboro, NC with my spouse and 2 children within the next few monts. From my research it looks like the Trinity area may have the better public schools even though it's not necessarily in Greensboro. I have a daughter about to enter HS and a son about to go into Middle school so finding great schools are really important for us.

Can anyone please confirm how the area is - I'm looking for a nice quiet, family friendly area. If Trinity is not the best option - what other areas should I consider? By the way, I would be working in Greensboro (zip 27409)

One more thing how's traffic during rush hours?

thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 09:06 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
We're going to be selling our house soon and moving to another part of Greensboro. While looking at schools, I looked at the Trinity schools and didn't like their scores. The high school was especially concerning to me.

The schools with the best reputations in Greensboro are in the northwest area. Especially Northwest Middle and Northwest High. Mendenhall Middle and Grimsley High are also good.

Southwest Middle and Southwest High (in or near High Point) are also quite good.

Check out these two sites for more information (academic scores & the numbers of acts of violence and/or crime):

Advanced Search - School Report Cards.

GreatSchools.net

The second site also has parent reviews.

All the best.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times
Greensboro is a great city to move to. However you would probablly find taxes lower in Trinity. Greensboro is only a hop and a skip away.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM

3 posts, read 16,378 times
I agree with Niki about the schools in the Trinity area. I live in Thomasville, about 10 minutes from Trinity. I don't know if you're interested in only public schools, but I have heard lots of good things about the Hasty/Ledford schools, which is just on the border of Thomasville and High Point. My son will be going to a school called Hayworth Christian Academy, which I have heard rave reviews about also. Trinity is a nice place to live-it's very quiet and family-oriented. Greensboro and Winston Salem are within about 20 minutes, depending on where you're going. I-85 is close from just about anywhere you live in Trinity, and you get the benefits of a small, quiet town without having to drive for an hour just to get a gallon of milk I don't know much about the schools in Greensboro, but maybe that's an option for you too since you'll be working there.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 15,664 times
Default Thanks

Thank you so much - esp. Niki for the link to the NC report card.

I'm heading up to Greensboro next week and based on the NC report card, I'll be concentrating on the schools in Northwest Greensboro. This has been VERY helpful!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ness123 View Post
Thank you so much - esp. Niki for the link to the NC report card.

I'm heading up to Greensboro next week and based on the NC report card, I'll be concentrating on the schools in Northwest Greensboro. This has been VERY helpful!
do keep in mind that the Northwest School district, due to its quality, is getting a little crowded. Also, the district will be split in a few months due to the new Northern High School opening. It's supposed to be the most technologically advanced school in the district, so we should see good things about it. Due to Northern and the price of homes, some folks are moving toward the Northeast of Guilford County- Reedy Fork Ranch is already so large they had to build an elementary school just for that!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point