Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:43 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,600,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorieleanor View Post
I hope you don't WFW&P. It really is awful. They do a lot of damage. The Critter Control guys said there had been flying squirrels in the attic previously. There was evidence of them. You'd think I lived in a forest, and I don't.
I've seen evidence of rodents in the engine compartment of my car, the bastards will make nest anywhere that looks good to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 05:45 PM

115 posts, read 179,593 times
I've heard similar call in stories on NPR's "Car Talk."

Amazing.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM

6,299 posts, read 16,122,750 times
We had that problem last year.

And this year, they're back. Let me know if if you find someone good.

In my old house, years ago, one got into the house and chased the whole family outside into the driveway one Saturday morning. One child had just left the bathtub and was wearing a towel.

We found squirrels are sometimes smarter than exterminators. Back then, the exterminator said the squirrel, which had run from the attic to the basement, had left the house, and I said no way. He said the squirrels were stupid and would make noise if they were there. I insisted he leave a trap. The next day, the trap held the biggest, angriest male squirrel I'd ever seen. He had managed to be verrry quiet when the exterminator was looking for him in the basement.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 AM

115 posts, read 179,593 times
Ah yes, they do that !

Critter Control is the agency helping us. They seem quite good at what they do. They set the trap yesterday for the mother and repaired the entire area where they were getting into the attic. So, she could not get back in, but boy was she trying !!! Scratching like mad - so we knew she left something in there - babies or youngsters.

I kept hearing more noise IN the attic, so I called Critter Control (Tim) this morning and told him, there is still something in the attic. He said it had to be youngsters. They came right over and went up there. Apparently, they had been VERY quiet when I went up there on my own, as I did not hear anything when the mother was out. Same for when Tim went up there yesterday and did a good search - they hid and were very quiet... Yes today, they saw one youngster - the mother remained on the roof while the guys were here. They managed to actually physically catch the youngster and remove her. I was told she was too young to be able to climb back up the roof.

They reopened the hole that had been repaired and placed a 'basket trap' at the hole. So, if there are more youngsters, they will attempt to exit there and there is a trap door that will fall down the minute they exit to the basket and they will not be able to re-enter the attic. They also set up two more regular traps by the basket trap to get the mother.

If there are no other youngsters, we'll hear nothing more up there. If there are, they will want to get to their mother. Also, if there are more, the mother will continue her attempt to get back in the attic.

I do hope this does not happen again !!!!! Annoying and expensive to fix.

Tim said they were about 4 months old, so they've been up there all this time !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: