Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,621,804 times

Advertisements

Winston-Salem-based coupon processor and technology-services company Inmar will invest $24.5 million in an expansion and add 212 jobs within five years.

type of jobs they seeking at moment
Product Manager
Assistant Manager –Supply Chain
GT! Generalist (Human Resources)
Employee Relations Manager
Client Analyst
Compensation Manager
Compensation Analyst
Account Manager

read more
Inmar plans expansion, will create 212 jobs (http://www.news-record.com/content/2012/04/26/article/company_adding_212_jobs_in_winston_salem_under_exp ansion - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM

322 posts, read 668,884 times
I might add these are high paying jobs for the right applicant averaging approx 72,000, well above the average salary for the Triad. This is excellent news for Winston-Salem...this company could have easily jumped to Atlanta, Houston, or Austin, but chose to stay in Winston-Salem where it is cheaper to do business.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:08 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,177,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
I might add these are high paying jobs for the right applicant averaging approx 72,000, well above the average salary for the Triad. This is excellent news for Winston-Salem...this company could have easily jumped to Atlanta, Houston, or Austin, but chose to stay in Winston-Salem where it is a better place to live.

Fixed that for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,047,082 times
The interview process is ... well ... interesting.

Maybe it's just because times have changed; I haven't gone job hunting in over 15 years. Inmar's interview tactics are comprised of a cattle call to sort out the hundreds who will apply. Even with an online application, resume and cover letter, you walk in, are seated at long tables, and told to fill out another application. Then you are hustled down to a large conference room where you meet with a couple of HR people who allocate ~10 minutes to do what I later described as a "Barbara Walters interview". Seriously, I was waiting for them to ask me "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" When I sussed it out later, I realized that it was a way of finding out how you would fit into the social, interpersonal scheme of the company. I walked in, pumped and ready for selling my skills, experience and job strengths, and was totally thrown by what amounts to questions like "how would you handle someone with whom you had opinions that you disagreed." My response (not in so many words) "WTF?" I replied with the tactic I've used for the nearly three decades I've been employed: I mind my own business, keep controversial subjects out of the workplace, and merely be polite and agree to disagree.

So, anyone who applies, first be prepared to walk in and charm them, then they'll look at your qualifications.

The job setting is in one of the nicest areas of WS, close to Wake Forest and quite near the Reynolda area. I hope the burgeoning work force doesn't force a relocation of the business to some bland corporate campus area.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,492,718 times
Great news, but I hope they build a new headquarters Downtown. Suburban office campuses are so 1983.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,601,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
The interview process is ... well ... interesting.

Maybe it's just because times have changed; I haven't gone job hunting in over 15 years. Inmar's interview tactics are comprised of a cattle call to sort out the hundreds who will apply. Even with an online application, resume and cover letter, you walk in, are seated at long tables, and told to fill out another application. Then you are hustled down to a large conference room where you meet with a couple of HR people who allocate ~10 minutes to do what I later described as a "Barbara Walters interview". Seriously, I was waiting for them to ask me "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?" When I sussed it out later, I realized that it was a way of finding out how you would fit into the social, interpersonal scheme of the company. I walked in, pumped and ready for selling my skills, experience and job strengths, and was totally thrown by what amounts to questions like "how would you handle someone with whom you had opinions that you disagreed." My response (not in so many words) "WTF?" I replied with the tactic I've used for the nearly three decades I've been employed: I mind my own business, keep controversial subjects out of the workplace, and merely be polite and agree to disagree.

So, anyone who applies, first be prepared to walk in and charm them, then they'll look at your qualifications.

The job setting is in one of the nicest areas of WS, close to Wake Forest and quite near the Reynolda area. I hope the burgeoning work force doesn't force a relocation of the business to some bland corporate campus area.
Could have been worse, they could have hired a temp agency to sort & select from resumes submitted online.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Great news, but I hope they build a new headquarters Downtown. Suburban office campuses are so 1983.
Wouldn't have to build. There is plenty of office space due to Wachovia and Reynolds decamping

But their current setting is nice. Depends how you come in; I traveled from the west; but it was nice driving down some of the tree lined roads that approached the office building. I would hate to fight the snarl of 52 or navigate the labyrinth of roads of downtown.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM

27 posts, read 61,547 times
Quote:
Wouldn't have to build. There is plenty of office space due to Wachovia and Reynolds decamping
Actually, this isn't the case. Winston-Salem has the least amount of vacant office space in the Triad. As a corollary, the Winston office market is booming and there is a need for new space.

I'm hoping that Inmar decides to build a new skyscraper rather than renovating one of RJR's old tobacco warehouses.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Dawg View Post
Actually, this isn't the case. Winston-Salem has the least amount of vacant office space in the Triad. As a corollary, the Winston office market is booming and there is a need for new space.

I'm hoping that Inmar decides to build a new skyscraper rather than renovating one of RJR's old tobacco warehouses.
I hope you know you put a whammy on them, saying that

Inmar to move support center into renovated Reynolds Tobacco buildings | JournalNow.com

I looked at the area via google street view (7th and Vine). The article seemed to have placed an emphasis on the historic tax credits as an incentive. It will be a bonus for W-S, seeing those old brick buildings refurbished and made more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point