Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

North Carolina: real estate, agent, housing, market, sell our home.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM

122 posts, read 347,129 times

Advertisements

Thanks again, yourhometriad ! I'm also in the Stokesdale zip code, but in Rockingham County ( gosh, maybe you are my agent ?? that would be embarrassing, or not ).

I'm single-youngish-but-retired, very small mortgage ( I have more than enough cash to pay it off but I earn much more in interest than the mortgage company is charging ), living comfortably off my investments, my kids are all self-supporting and doing well, so there's no financial pressure to sell. And as I said, I believe it will sell, it just may take a while.

I do appreciate your candid, constructive comments. Glad I discovered this forum, only wish I had done so a few years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM

56 posts, read 223,862 times
Ask your realtor to have an open house the day before Thanksgiving. Lot's of people use the holidays to check out homes that are available near their families. Also tell him to design an online brochure to send out to other realtors bi-weekly. Inform him that you expect it to be sent to every office in the county by the end of next week. Ask him to get feedback from each showing. You may also need to lookup similar properties to see if your home is priced competively. If your home has features that the others don't, have him highlight these in the brochure. You will need to ask what papers he has been advertising in, also. Sometimes, realtors will let your home sit without advertising it, so they don't have to pay for advertising out of their commission. Don't be afraid to get aggressive, he works for you, not viceversa.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:05 PM

122 posts, read 347,129 times
rheaburris, I assume the advice is for tippster, but may also apply to me. Thanks.

Last edited by bels7; 11-15-2007 at 08:43 PM..

Old 11-16-2007, 06:22 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
What's probably happening is your Realtor has realized the difficulty of selling your home based on location and is focusing his/her efforts on easier sales that he/she has on the books. My advice is to dump your Realtor because they obviously could care less and since they are banking on your home just "selling" itself they are still going to get a check regardless of the effort they put into it. Dump the Realtor, sell it yourself and keep the commission. It's a feasible idea if you have the time to arrange things yourself and even if you don't your efforts will probably be better than your Realtors.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:52 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,451 times
Unhappy House not selling...

Try having a Realtor that was enthusiastic about selling your home when we spoke to her about putting our house on the market.. then soon as we sign the papers for her to put it on the market.. her attitude completely changes from good to bad.
She keeps pushing us to reduce our price in which we have done twice.., she keeps telling us houses in our neighborhood isn't selling in which 3 has sold since we put ours on the market. She has only shown our house 3 times since we put it on the market and that was back in May.
As far as the realtor sign in the front, everyone else homes being sold by her if they reduced the price she puts a reduced sign on the realtor sign and the flyers, well that is another story also.. I have had to keep printing out flyers and putting them in the little box because she doesn't come out and replace them like she does for her other clients.
I typed up all the wording for our house on her website. (Maybe I should get the commission if it does sell!).. Two couples were interested in buying our home.. however they needed to put a contingency on it, until they could sell their home..in which was fine with us.. and she has never even tried to contact them to get this setup.
We just had an Open House last Sunday and there was a couple interested in buying our house (according to the realtor that showed the home.. a different realtor, he said the people loved our home and was possibly going to make us an offer.. well our realtor has not even contacted them about this and I ask her why not she says.. she didn't know someone was interested.
I have so badly wanted to just go rip the sign out of our yard and take it back and tell her to shove it up her a**, but I know I can't. I believe we could have already sold our house if she would have gotten off her lazya** and done something, but what can you do.. but sit and wait for the contract to run out..
Sorry for ranting but I can see I am not the only one that has these problems with realtors.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
sigh...

That's why we rank up there with attorneys in consumer confidence.

The Code of Ethics precludes me from saying anything more than this: It's time to have a serious talk with your agent. If not, then your agent's broker in charge.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:46 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhometriad View Post
sigh...

That's why we rank up there with attorneys in consumer confidence.

The Code of Ethics precludes me from saying anything more than this: It's time to have a serious talk with your agent. If not, then your agent's broker in charge.
That's another problem.. She is the Owner/Broker. We have had longgggs talks with her it seems to do no good.
My husband just found out that his company (IBM) is going to relocated us... they said they will buy our house.. so we won't have to deal with her anymore. Is there somewhere I can report her actions or does it just do know good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point