Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:46 AM

5 posts, read 5,413 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone I have a question, I want to start a themed horse trail riding facility. I live in Greensboro. I was wondering, if you could go would you go visit a Medieval themed trail riding facility? Does that sound like fun to you?

What is this themed trail facility? Basically all the horses and employees dress up like they were at medieval times. The trails will have a 'mission' besides just making sure you have fun and commune with nature.
One trail may go out to 'rescue the princess from thieves' another may be to 'deliver the package to the king before the thieves catch you'
The employees will also be actors and they will make the experience as real as possible. You will forget you're in the 21st century.

Let me know what you guys think, okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,126 times
Cool! I think that will be fun especially if it is family-friendly. Yes, I would pay to be at yout themed riding place.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 3,126 times
Are you just casually toying with the idea or seriously looking to do this?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Interesting concept.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:12 PM

This is a serious concept. I want to do it im just not sure where. I need to have a large customer base in order to make enough money to keep it open.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM

34,093 posts, read 83,010,632 times
aside from the SCA and renfest types I don't see a second visit happening.
and even among them not so much.

the folks who WANT to ride horses (that I've ever known) don't want all that clutter

Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
aside from the SCA and renfest types I don't see a second visit happening.
and even among them not so much.

the folks who WANT to ride horses (that I've ever known) don't want all that clutter
Whatever those are, but there could be potential behind this and as the OP stated a very large customer base would be needed as well as non-stop promotional ideas.
The major kink would be of the same ill-fate suffered by the indoor Gran Prix cart track when the economy tanked.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:25 AM

Yes the idea for many may only be a one or two time visit but my hopes are that it will be more fun than anything and keep people coming back. I used to work at a trail stable in brooklyn ny. It was always busy in the summer time and all they really do is walk through sandy brush and a short time on a dirty beach but they kept coming back. I am hoping my idea is more fun than that lol.
I am going to have real wood trails instead of tall brush. I want it to feel like you really went through some kind of time warp and you are back in the 14th century or so. This wont be for a while I need to get a huge loan before i even think about anything else. I know the economy is bad now another reason im waiting, hopefully in 5 years or so the economy will get a little better.

Im just wondering if there would be an interest in that. I know Medieval Times does well, it would sort of be like that but the audience is actively participating instead. Actually on horses and part of the 'mission' themselves. I will start out real small just in case it doesnt work out,so i wont be out a whole lot of money.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 AM

34,093 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoon721 View Post
I used to work at a trail stable in brooklyn ny. It was always busy in the summer time and all they really do is walk through sandy brush and a short time on a dirty beach but they kept coming back.
I am going to have real wood trails instead of tall brush.
And along with healthy horses and clean barn facilities that is all you should need.
The rest is gimmicky and expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Whatever those are...
SCA "The Society for Creative Anachronism is an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and skills of pre-17th-century Europe. Our "Known World" consists of 19 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in countries around the world. Members, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which feature tournaments, royal courts, feasts, dancing, various classes & workshops, and more.” http://www.sca.org/

RenFest "The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, a 11-stage theater, a 22-acre village marketplace, an interactive circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast -- all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure!"http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/

Last edited by MrRational; 07-27-2012 at 08:40 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 08:38 AM

138 posts, read 419,135 times
Sounds like something I'd take my kids to. At first, I question how often I'd return, but having never done anything like that... who knows. They do love just riding quads out in the woods again and again, so why should this be any different? I'd be happy to support a fellow small business owner at least once though. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point