Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM

109 posts, read 391,250 times

Advertisements

Agents. What is your perception or experience in listings and sales
in and around downtown Greensboro?
What new projects are planned and moving forward as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 10:42 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
Well there's Bellemeade and Arbor Run which are doing fine, but the big one near Smith and Eugene (next to the stadium) fell apart. The places there on Market- the converted business area that is now condo- is really cool. There's still tons going up downtown, but the sales appear to be slowing down.

Arbor Run is where I would go first- they are throwing incentives around for buyers, but their one bedrooms are $150k. Tell em I sent you. I've sold two different places downtown and working on one listing coming up.

let me know if you need numbers- cause I got em.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM

How about the projects planned or discussed for summit and church st
and S Elm south of Lee St.?

Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
Default re

1) MIXED-USE MIDRISE PROJECT - Here is one mixed-use downtown project I found. (planned for the southeast corner of Davie Street and Friendly Ave) It looks like it combines retail,restaurant and residential and there are 3 options ranging from 2 stories to a 6- story midrise

2) HIGHRISE CONDO/HOTEL - Another developer from Charlotte is proposing a high-rise condo/boutique hotel somewhere downtown.

3) GREENSBORO TRIUMPH CENTER - A local developer named Issac Cain is spearheading a MASSIVE downtown project called "Greensboro Triumph Center" that involves an, unknown Orlando, Florida development company and international investors. The scope of the project is HUGE and includes a potential 20-story 4-star 500 room luxury hotel and convention center with a shopping plaza, another tower which could be as tall as 18-stories, a cluster of midrise residential/office, entertainment complex which could include a multiplex theater, bowling alley, skating rink, childrens rides, interactive rides, an IMAX theater and a restaurant/concert venue that could seat up to 2,000 people and attract big time national acts. This project leaked to the press in May of 2007 and the developer said then that it could take 6 months before he decides what he wants to do. But the potential project is huge and could take up 3 city blocks downtown. Origionally Former Downtown Greensboro Inc, president Ray Gibbs said that project was intended to become an attraction for the "Southeast Region" and that the scope of the project was like a "themepark" without rollercoasters and waterslides. A number of movers and shakers in Greensboro said a project like this happening in Greensboro is a long shot. The mayor and others disagree and believe it is a very realistic project for Greensboro. Its was rumored that there are three options for this project, the smallest being about the size of the EpiCenter in uptown Charlotte. A few sources have said this project can be so big it can change Greensboro forever and really turn the Gate City into a destination city. Ray Gibbs said that this one massive project would attract a number of "secondary" projects as he puts it. But some people have even speculated that Disney could be involved.

4) MURROW STATION - This is the planned condo/townhome village planned for the northeast corner of downtown off of Summit Ave.

renderings of Murrow Station

Last edited by gsoboi; 10-26-2007 at 11:33 AM..

Old 10-26-2007, 02:43 PM

Thank you very much!
That was great info.
Sadly, I am not in Greensboro as much as I would like to be.
Much of what I hear is third hand rumors.
Greensboro is such a great city and I miss it.
Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point