Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:16 AM

8 posts, read 25,969 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

Finally my wife took job in Almance hospital, and we are moving there in august 08, now questions about accomodaton, we don't want to buy right away so like to rent, any idea on good apartment, so far we are considering Ethan Point, for its news, close the hospital and higway, but rents are on higher side around $990 for a 2 bed apt

Any other ideas please suggest .

thanks
ramz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 10:03 PM

799 posts, read 3,230,621 times
Hey ramz, check out the Raleigh boards too for areas west of Durham. Towns like Mebane, Hillsborough, etc. Don't rule anything out until you come down here again for another look.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 PM

289 posts, read 746,616 times
Hello
Can You Tell Me What The Triangle Is ? I'm A Retired New York City Worker And Looking To Move To High Point N.c. Area With My Family.
Thank You

Old 05-29-2008, 07:25 PM

The Triangle is a metropolitan area that consists of three towns: Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill with Raleigh being the capitol of the state. The Triad is a different area; it consists of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. the Triad is smaller and a bit more laid back.

I just moved to Greensboro not too long ago (hasn't been a month yet) and I've noticed it's very lush here, has very green, large trees (and my allergies are going bonkers!) and that this place is very family oriented. For me that's good, I've got a wonderful husband and toddler. Raleigh or Charlotte (which is on the southern border) are your biggest, most metropolitan areas.

Charlotte has alot of banks, and it's more of a bullseye type metro area than a triangular shaped one! LOL

All of these are located in what's referred to as "The Piedmont". The Piedmont is the center slice of the state which is gradually sloped. The western third is mountains, the eastern third is the Seashore and lowlands. Lots of historical towns to transverse through.

We just left the DC area and couldn't be happier with our decision!! In Greensboro they drive fast (no one obeys the speed limit) but you won't find the jerk driving styles that you find more northern east coast. Still, there is little to zero honking, which is so nice.

Can you believe an old lady (80 yrs ++) gave me the finger once at a stop sign in northern VA? I 'bout laid a log!!! Goodbye stress, hello slow life.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 PM

289 posts, read 746,616 times
Default Information

THANK YOU

Old 05-30-2008, 08:42 PM

You're very welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point