Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:41 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,972,033 times

Advertisements

One thing also to note about GS0....is once you are out of the city center, You are literally out of the city center, I would be driving, and next thing i know, i'm in the dead of the sticks....eventhough i'm right beside a busy highway...it just feels so..stick ish, Got this same feeling in charlotte...once out of the center(tryon, etc )...you will find your self slapped in suburbia or just forrest...only thing i can comment on about GSO is it has better connected and bigger roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,066,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
It really is, i was stuck on wendover forever, was a sea of cars, As the population grows, more traffic issues occur i know, but today was ridiculous, it was not nearly as free flowing as it was on Battle ground, which as had traffic issues sorry for the rant, but that felt nearly as bad Charlotte, somewhat, (past charlotte resident) Has anyone else been having an issue with traffic?
Greensboro isn't growing THAT fast...an accident can slow/backup traffic anywhere, but it's obviously not the norm. Greensboro already has highways that are ridiculously large for a city that size. Getting stuck once or twice in heavy traffic really doesn't equal "bad traffic" like you might find in Charlotte or Atlanta.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,424,048 times
This thread might be more appropriately titled "Traffic is becoming an issue on Wendover"

Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,435,862 times
After living in DC (ditched car, took public transportation) and Charleston (where a wreck on a bridge could keep one stuck on said bridge for hours) Greensboro is easy. Sometimes it's a little backed up in the am where Bryan Blvd meets Benjamin but never anything really horrible.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 PM

31 posts, read 42,148 times
Good news if you haven't noticed the construction of the Northern Loop that will connect Battleground north of Cotswald, cross over Horsepen Creek and connect to Interstate 73 at Bryan Blvd. Cannot wait for that section to be complete!!!

I despise Wendover and will avoid it at all costs. I only go to Costco over there and when I do, I take Meadowood.

I too am a Midwest transplant. I was continually lost when I first moved to NC and it was hard to adjust to a non-grid system.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,987,279 times
Wendover used to be a road which skirted the northern parts of town. Now it's basically a cross-town artery. But it's been very busy for a long time and I remember heavy traffic on it even in the 1980s. Used to be really bad when it funneled down to 2 lanes south of I-40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point