Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 34,400 times

Advertisements

east side of greensboro is high crime, maybe check out elon which is alamance county, the taxes are chaper than guilford county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 11:21 AM

9 posts, read 106,551 times
Default how bad

how bad are the "bad" areas of Greensboro? I'm from Cleveland, and I am considering going to Guilford College. Is that a nice area? When you guys say bad, is it like Cleveland bad, or worse. That frightens me when people call neighborhoods "bad".

I was on The News Records website and two people we're robbed at gunpoint yesterday. I think the one was on battleground, and the other was near the Colliseum.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkram412 View Post
how bad are the "bad" areas of Greensboro? I'm from Cleveland, and I am considering going to Guilford College. Is that a nice area? When you guys say bad, is it like Cleveland bad, or worse. That frightens me when people call neighborhoods "bad".

I was on The News Records website and two people we're robbed at gunpoint yesterday. I think the one was on battleground, and the other was near the Colliseum.
for Greensboro it probabally bad but I wouldnt label all of east Greensboro as being high crime. Mainly there are pocket areas in east Greensboro where there is high crime, mainly burgleries and things of that nature. I guess people just assume that lower income neighborhoods, usually with minorities are high crime zones by default and thats just not the case. But im sure the worst neighborhood in Greensboro dont even touch the worst neighborhoods in Cleveland. Cleveland is a larger city so naturally there will be more crime there. The truth is crime is everywhere these days. In Greensboro there has been a spike in robberies and they are in east, south, north and west Greensboro. Also there are a few bad neighborhoods in west Greensboro so I dont know if one can say move anywhere but east Greensboro.

Last edited by gsoboi; 12-24-2007 at 04:53 PM..

Old 12-24-2007, 08:38 PM

52 posts, read 184,055 times
Where are the bad area's in West Greensboro?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 26,127 times
Default Relocation

All the surrounding counties have lower tax rates than Greensboro. Look in Davidson and Randolph as well. The level cross area and surrounding is rural and low crime. Just keep in mind, Randolph county is a dry county...meaning no wine, beer, etc. With the current dought conditions you want to make sure you're somewhere serviced by a municiple water system...not counting Randleman. Their water leaves a lot to be desired. The Archdale area of Randolph county isn't too bad and the sherrif's department keeps that area well covered with law enforcement.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:16 AM

9 posts, read 106,551 times
is guilford college in an unsafe spot?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,248 times
I've never heard that guilford college is an unsafe area. I would live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkram412 View Post
is guilford college in an unsafe spot?

Old 05-06-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 25,663 times
Hey everyone, I am moving to Greensboro to attend UNCG and I was wondering what the area is like right by the college? and if you would recommend any areas?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM

41 posts, read 165,644 times
Default Near Guilford College

The GC area is a really nice area, actually. GC is a nice school and the houses and stores around that area are nice. Libraries, Harris Teeter grocery store, Boston Market restaurant, etc. Try this: put in the zip code of GC (find it on their site, I'm sure) and check realtor.com. You'll see that the houses around there are nice and generally priced higher.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 25,053 times
Default Great Place

I just moved from Greensboro. Wish I hadnt but anyway... Northwest Greensboro is great. Places near Guilford College and close to Oak Ridge (which is rapidly growing). Downtown is good only if you stay on the college side. its quaint and old craftsman houses are everywhere. I agree with the other posts to stay away from E. Lee street, E. Market, and O.Henry Blvd. Also, dont go near Four Seasons Mall (High Point Rd.). Thats not a very good area. Some places on Battleground Ave are good too. hOpe that helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point