Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 830 times

Advertisements

I am a 24 y/o female relocating to WS next month for a new job, coming from Charlotte.

I have never really explored the area a lot but I do have a few friends there. I was looking to get some opinions from an outside source. A lot of the places suggested to me so far are in the Hanes Mall Blvd area or close to it. From what i've seen online it looks like this area has a lot to offer shopping wise and is not too far from the downtown area. I enjoy shopping and being close to grocery stores, starbucks, etc etc. I also would like to be semi-close to some sort of greenway/running/walking trails as I like to run (probably what i will miss most about charlotte, great greenway system)

I have looked at the apartment complexes downtown and they don't really fit what I am looking for. I want to live somewhere where I can have outside patio/balcony and easy access to outside because I have a big dog (no elevators, etc. too much of a hassle for me with a dog)

Some of the places I plan on visiting within the next few weeks are:

Stratford at Hillcrest
Burke Ridge Crossing
Highland Oaks
(seem closest to Hanes Mall Blvd area)

Briarleigh Park Apartments
Sedgefield Apartments
Brookberry Park Apartments
(both off Country Club Rd)

Bromley Park Apartments
(off Silas Creek Rd)

Also suggested to me were the "Crowne" apartments but I'm not sure I want to be near WFU area considering I am no longer a student. Providence pointe was also mentoined but it seems a bit further away than I would like to be from the downtown area.

Thank you and feel free to make any other suggestions! I am open to looking at other places as well. Looking for a 1-2bdr price $700-900
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

108 posts, read 132,233 times
I also just moved to the area and I ended up renting a house but one place i saw during the time i thought i was going to go the apt route was a complex called The Lofts. They are really close to the mall area so you would be near all the shopping and all the places to eat in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point