Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 05:49 PM

125 posts, read 195,071 times

Advertisements

Taking my wife to her first Nascar race and would like to take her to a nice (casual) restaurant for dinner on Saturday. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 06:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
If you are staying around the airport your best bet will be the New Garden Rd/ Battleground Ave area.
To rattle off a few:
Village Tavern, Westridge Rd
Pie Works, New Garden Rd
Big Burger Spot, Battleground Ave
Casa Gallardo, Battleground Ave
Red Robin, New Garden Rd
Tripps, New Garden Rd
Phoenix Asian Cuisine, New Garden Rd
Carrabba's (I hate that place), New Garden Rd

Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM

149 posts, read 250,739 times
ruby tuesday, on 68 just south of airport (always crowded)

Elizebeth's pizza west friendly (quaker village shopping center) across from guilford college.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
I like Gia on New Garden. Nice cheese plate.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I like Gia on New Garden. Nice cheese plate.
They make plates out of cheese?

Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
They make plates out of cheese?
Eat quickly!

Old 11-01-2014, 09:06 PM

125 posts, read 195,071 times
We had dinner at the Fire and Sticks, great Japanese restaurant. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:07 AM

144 posts, read 264,320 times
I've heard there's a new Indian restaurant that lunch-break locals already swear by. The name escapes me, but it's also in a relatively unmemorable location, somewhere near the airport.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM

147 posts, read 255,284 times
Hello,
This coming Saturday - Feb 28th - a buddy and I are thinking of passing through Greensboro NC with our Moms in tow and wanted some restaurant recommendations. We would be heading in from Danville VA.
The restaurant need not be near the airport I just didn't think this warranted a new thread.

I would think we should stay away from those chains which can be easily had here in Danville already (Lonestar, Applebees, Olive Garden).
I have heard of the following on the internet and wondered if they were any good:

1) Green Valley Grill - This sounds very fancy and makes me think we would have to get our reservations in early say before the weekend.
2) Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - sounds more fun and low key. The food sounds like all comfort food which may or may not be a good thing if it is all too heavy. I am a little worried about it being too low key.
3) Salvino's Cucina Italiana - supposed to be one of the better Italian places in Greensboro. Is that still the case?
4) Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - a more upscale restaurant. Again would we have to get reservations way ahead of time?

If anyone has any other suggestions please offer them up.
There will just be the four of us but our Mom's are up there in age so it would be a no go for any restaurant that doubles as a sports bar as I don't think they would appreciate the noise.
Thanks in advance. I have not been to Greensboro in probably 20 years so I don't know the area at all at this point.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:37 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,383,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjankis630 View Post
Hello,
This coming Saturday - Feb 28th - a buddy and I are thinking of passing through Greensboro NC with our Moms in tow and wanted some restaurant recommendations. We would be heading in from Danville VA.
The restaurant need not be near the airport I just didn't think this warranted a new thread.

I would think we should stay away from those chains which can be easily had here in Danville already (Lonestar, Applebees, Olive Garden).
I have heard of the following on the internet and wondered if they were any good:

1) Green Valley Grill - This sounds very fancy and makes me think we would have to get our reservations in early say before the weekend.
2) Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen - sounds more fun and low key. The food sounds like all comfort food which may or may not be a good thing if it is all too heavy. I am a little worried about it being too low key.
3) Salvino's Cucina Italiana - supposed to be one of the better Italian places in Greensboro. Is that still the case?
4) Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - a more upscale restaurant. Again would we have to get reservations way ahead of time?

If anyone has any other suggestions please offer them up.
There will just be the four of us but our Mom's are up there in age so it would be a no go for any restaurant that doubles as a sports bar as I don't think they would appreciate the noise.
Thanks in advance. I have not been to Greensboro in probably 20 years so I don't know the area at all at this point.
Lucky 32, Green Valley Grill or Printworks Bistro (all under same ownership and all close together in location) are all great choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point