Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 06:57 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,493,664 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, this is the nicest area in Guilford County. Battleground Ave (220), New Garden Road, Lake Brandt Road, Horse Pen Creek Road, Pleasant Ridge Road, etc. All the growth/suburban sprawl in Greensboro seems to be heading northwest, and for good reason. Many nice subdivisions have popped up around Summerfield, which is kind of a dividing line between suburban and rural. It's starting to remind me of Raleigh north of 540, high hopes for this area. The current construction of 220 is getting irritating, but I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Any opinions regarding the future of this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 07:11 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Greensboro has been growing rapidly to the north and northwest for decades, and that side of the city has always been its most affluent section. Summerfield and Oak Ridge have attracted a lot of growth as well, and the entire area is starting merge together. Once the outer loop highway is completed through that area, it will really begin to develop, with the caveat that Greensboro has to begin creating jobs at a higher rate than they have for past 15 years or so. Without more jobs, demand for hosing, shopping and services will not be high enough to see large scale development. Of course, the lack of that development will be welcomed by many people.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:13 AM

85 posts, read 168,214 times
Summerfield and Oak Ridge are the two wealthiest towns in the entire triad region. Northwest and North Greensboro is also very wealthy. High end housing is in abundance in these towns and the area that surrounds them. I have also noticed that Stokesdale is also gaining some high end developments lately as well. Once all the road construction is complete in a couple of years you will also see some commercial development to compliment all the high end residential construction in the area. The top three most expensive zip codes based on residential sales in the entire triad region are 1.Summerfield 2.Oak Ridge 3.Greensboro(27408) Take a look:

Most expensive housing markets: A look at Triad sale prices by ZIP code - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal

Old 02-25-2015, 08:27 AM

149 posts, read 250,700 times
The area is nice, but it will never grow like North Raleigh. One huge reason...water....all houses in Summerfield are on wells and septic systems. This eliminates higher density properties like apartments. And this limits commercial developments. People in Summerfield would love more restaurants, but the water/sewer problem makes it difficult.

In my opinion this is a great thing!!! I hate North Raleigh. The congestion is awful. The schools have been overcrowded and subject to constant district changes.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,493,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booney56 View Post
The area is nice, but it will never grow like North Raleigh. One huge reason...water....all houses in Summerfield are on wells and septic systems. This eliminates higher density properties like apartments. And this limits commercial developments. People in Summerfield would love more restaurants, but the water/sewer problem makes it difficult.

In my opinion this is a great thing!!! I hate North Raleigh. The congestion is awful. The schools have been overcrowded and subject to constant district changes.
North Raleigh between the inner and outer beltlines is pretty suburban, but I'm talking about North Raleigh north of 540. These subdivisions are very wooded, and they basically feel like subdivisions dropped down in the middle of a rural area. Houses on fairly large lots, and no apartment complexes or strip malls. Like I said, kind of suburban meeting rural much like Summerfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point