Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:46 AM

7 posts, read 18,096 times

Advertisements

Both areas are great. I've lived in WS for the past 5 years & did some teaching in Lewisville. (at the private school) However, there are lots of public school options that are excellent & I would consider both options. Just limit your search to both areas & you can't go wrong. Everything is w/in 20 minutes...MAX! There is little traffic & there is little reason to leave the area for shopping, dining, etc. We have 3 kids and are sad to leave the area for work reasons. We are from Ohio & have vowed to stay in the south. It's a great friendly community with none of the hassles of a large metropolitan area! You can't go wrong in Clemmons or Lewisville...I'd just start looking at houses/land & find what you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 PM

518 posts, read 1,792,375 times
Wow, was surprised to see this post back up. Does Lewisburg or Clemmons have a walkable town? A town center, not a strip mall type town. How about lots of parades or festivals?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:50 PM

29 posts, read 101,138 times
One other asset Lewisville has that has not been mentioned is the new Reagan High School. As a RE Broker, I see the two towns as being very equal in desirability for new families and frankly, no drawbacks to either. Choose the one which is most appealing. You won't go wrong with either.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 5,002 times
Does anyone know if there is any type of high schools around that have trades? I live up in MA and my son is in high school and has trade class every other week for cabinet making. He loves it. Wondering if there are any high schools around clemmons, lewisville that has this trade at the high school. Thank you.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
^ See my post on the other thread.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:49 PM

164 posts, read 357,794 times
Bumping for new opinions......

Old 10-29-2014, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 9,325 times
Default any new opinions?

So it's now 2014 and this thread started several years ago. All my research indicates that both Clemmons and Lewisville are great towns with great schools; however, Clemmons Middle school has some pretty poor ratings and test scores. Can anybody shed some light on this middle school? I realize that many homes in a certain zone can "choose" Meadowlark Middle over Clemmons Middle. My fear is purchasing a home that has Clemmons Middle as the assigned school and then not getting my first choice of Meadowlark Middle. At some point, if everyone is choosing Meadowlark, not everyone is going to get it and will have to go to their assigned school.
Any info on Clemmons Middle is much appreciated. As of now I am only searching for homes in Lewisville b/c you can't go wrong with Lewisville Elementary, Meadowlark Elementary or Meadowlark Middle. For that matter Vienna and Jefferson Middle have great ratings as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point