Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,220 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what Liberty, NC is like? Conservative? Liberal? Somewhere in between? We drive through it on the way to Charlotte and it looks like such a cute town.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM

903 posts, read 3,506,995 times
Very cute little town, and those very words describe Liberty to a T. Depends on what you are looking for... unless it is pretty rural, and VERY small town, its likely you WON'T find it in Liberty.

We lived for many years just into Guilford County from Liberty in a little town called Julian. And in recent years, we lived just back in Randolph County in Level Cross. Neither of which offer as much as Liberty!

Post a bit more of WHAT you are looking for... schools?, etc. I'm sure you'll get a few more replies.

Mary

Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 PM

3 posts, read 8,995 times
Liberty is a very small town that is a lot like Mayberry from The Andy Griffith Show. Everybody who lives there knows everybody else and their business.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 7,627 times
Default Liberty NC

We are thinking of moving to the Liberty area too. Are there any ---artists? musicians? alternative lifestyle folks? small organic farmers? neat little places to hang out?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,770 times
Liberty NC is the most un-American village in the nation, it is the conglomeration of illetrates, ignorants and racists. The red necks who own lands here think and do as if they have their own sovereign counrty!!! For anyone decent, coming here is a death sentence! AND I KID YOU NOT..if you don't belive it check it out for few days..oh don't go to websites ..check it out really! 8 months here have opened my eyes on a whole new world hidden within the nation.

OH MY GOOOOD Katie ...all you mentioned are not welcomed in Liberty nc as the folks here make sure that no one comes in and that Liberty stays frozen in the bronze age...you know? on second thoughts i wish Americans come to Liberty I just would love to see the panick on the face of the locals!!!!! Music, arts and especially litteracy are a no no here and by the way..most of the town is in-bred! has always been! so may be that explains the brain size!...This is a humane advice although i would like to see poeple coming here ..it may change things and make Liberty catch up to the rest of the nation ..or the time! As for me i have observed and learned enough to the point of disgust! I am leaving in few days permanently and i will remember to throw some salt over my shoulder when i do....Oh one thing though : The cops are real nice, gentlemen and professional! I dont know how they can put up with liberty even as cops!...good luck!

Oh i forgot one more thing: The cemetery is in the center of town!! may be it is art after all..the macabre kind!

My jaw dropped to the keyboard when i read your post...I have been to Julian many times and comparing to Liberty, Julian is Paris! poeple are more educated, friendlier, have more class and are much less on drugs then in liberty, both Julian and liberty are in the country, but Julian has its nice houses and well kept yards, civilized friendly poeple and is just 20 mn away (about) from Greensboro where civilization is at its peak! (arts, universities, restaurants, cafes, bistros etc, best schools and hospitals)...I am just curious ..what does liberty offer again? it deos not even have a hospital, nor an infirmery, it has 3 gas stations, one pizzeria where poeple keep complaining from getting sick every time they eat there, two louzy restaurants one with unedible food and the other one with edible food but just not what the menu describes and umm a large cemetery, oh and the unbelievably long merchant train ..that shakes all of the grounds once a day and once at night, most of the houses are either for sale or for rent! I forgot to give credit to the china house though it is honestly super clean and friendly...also tasty food....did i mention that the poeple can't drive..they refuse to use their signal and most of them call it "that light that switches on and off on and off on and off" they only slow down at stop signs and without a fuss go through red lights ..i see it every day and i call them Kamikaze drivers!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so there is no confusion i am talking about liberty, randolph county nc 27298 and not cherokee county, i have never been to the latter

Last edited by mm34b; 05-28-2009 at 05:04 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM

444 posts, read 1,144,585 times
Oh my gosh Jasmin1! Where are you from? 0.o

Old 05-28-2009, 05:09 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,010,746 times
Let's be realistic here. With a population of less than 3,000, you can't expect much. Their tax base is tiny.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 AM

109 posts, read 389,431 times
From what I know about Liberty, it is backwoods. I would not think it would be an open minded place. Consider Greensboro or Chapel Hill if you are looking for open minded people.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,835 times
I had to reply to the post about Liberty,NC...I have been born and raised in the Liberty/Staley area all of my life. My family came from England dating back from the early 1700's and settled in this area. I am struck that Jasmin you can talk so much trash about how dumb the people are but yet, you cannot spell and use multiple double negatives and truly if you knew as much as you thought you knew, you would know that China House is one of the most low grade places in Liberty. People here are friendly and its a great place to raise a good family but what you don't do is come into this town acting as if you are better than the rest and start putting the people down. Liberty and Staley is a very old farming community and Jasmin if you were educated, you would know a lot of history has taken place in these two small towns and I'm sorry that you don't like the train...its Norfolk Southern Rail Road and to be quite frank, I just bet they would not care about your complaining. No, its crying. Liberty has a lot of history, antiques, music and several other things to offer.
I am a WELL educated woman from this particular small town and after being in the bigger cities such as Greensboro, Pittsboro,Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh, I find it hard to believe that those cities are open minded. I am not sure at what you are getting at when you say "open minded" if by chance you speak of doing things and conducting yourself in a manner where you show that you have no morals and values. Liberty and Staley isn't the place for you. Randolph County, NC is deemed the bible belt. They just did pass alcohol laws. Prior to 2009 you could not get liquor by the drink, nor could you purchase beer in most places. And as far as drugs in Liberty. I assure you they are no where near as bad as other places and yes Liberty Police are good, as my family is all police, highway patrol, motor carriers, sherriff's and so forth and so on. One not using morals and values and conducting themselves in manners that is anything less than respectful of themselves and those around them won't be tolerated in our area. Jasmin, get your history book out, the town cemetary was there before the town and therfore the town was build around it! And futhermore you need grammar school all over again because people is spelled "people" and not "poeple". You are not the type we want in the town and if you were as smart as you think, you'd know the drug,crime and murder rate in Julian is much much higher.
I would recomment this town to anyone who wants a good family town and as long as you are friendly, it is what you will get in return. BTW, Where are you from Jasmin? I'd like to educate you on your town and your family tree...oh wait...yours probably does not even branch out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point