Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times

Advertisements

Is it a very long commute from Greensboro to Wake Forest College? Greensboro seems like a larger city than Winston-Salem, with more to offer, but the job is at the University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM

13 posts, read 54,733 times
Wake Forest University is not a long commute from GSO. Depending on how deep in to Greensboro you are it could take you about 35 minutes.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 AM

7 posts, read 23,431 times
True the travel time is not that bad, again how far into greensboro is the question

Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 AM

11 posts, read 82,023 times
Default Considering the same ...

But I've heard that Greensboro doesn't really offer that much more than Winston-Salem. Is that true?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Default Greensboro Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by proz View Post
But I've heard that Greensboro doesn't really offer that much more than Winston-Salem. Is that true?
We visited Greensboro 3 wks ago and were downtown at "rush hour." It was very quiet and very little traffic on a Monday at 5:30 pm. It's a cute downtown but not a lot going on. We were there for a short time only--just drove through to try to see the furniture at High Point.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:14 PM

247 posts, read 997,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proz View Post
In my opinion, yes. Greensboro may be "bigger" in population and size but I do not think it offers anymore than Winston Salem.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:57 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,585 times
Talking Love WFU!

I live off Pisgah Church Rd in Greensboro and would love to know more about commuting to WFU in W-S!!! I would just do anything to go there for grad school honestly, but I am married and have a child. Don't really want to move as hubby works here in Greensboro - though I guess Kernersville could be a nice middle point, right?

What is the best route to take if you are living on the north end of things here in GSO?

(P.s. I do have to say one thing about WFU: their mascot stinks! Come on, "the Demon Deacons?!" No thanks! ) If you've ever seen the "mascot" printed out, it reminds me of the ghost guy from Poltergeist II ---- http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3869416960/tt0091778 )

Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 AM

247 posts, read 997,711 times
Quote:
(P.s. I do have to say one thing about WFU: their mascot stinks! Come on, "the Demon Deacons?!" No thanks! ) If you've ever seen the "mascot" printed out, it reminds me of the ghost guy from Poltergeist II ---- Photos from Poltergeist II: The Other Side )
LOL. I would have to agree with you there!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:21 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
We visited Greensboro 3 wks ago and were downtown at "rush hour." It was very quiet and very little traffic on a Monday at 5:30 pm. It's a cute downtown but not a lot going on. We were there for a short time only--just drove through to try to see the furniture at High Point.
If you had visited downtown W-S at the same time it would been even more quiet with less traffic.

I used to live just 4-5 miles from WFU. Depending on exactly where you're coming from in G'Boro, along with the time of day you're traveling, it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to over 45 minutes. WFU is on the northwest side of W-S so it will be on the most distant side when approaching from G'Boro. Also, you'll most likely come in on Business I-40 and get off on Silas Creek Prkwy to get to the university. Both Business I-40 and Silas Creek Prkwy can be very busy during rush hour traffic. This kind of commute is something that many people make for employment, etc., however most people living in the piedmont area usually only have a minimal commute.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:54 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
Keep in mind that NCDOT is going to start a major overhaul of Business 40 sometime in the next 2-3 years. A section of Bus. 40 in downtown W-S will be completely shut down for at least 2 years. This will obviously cause a major disruption in commuting patterns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point