Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:20 PM

6,158 posts, read 7,226,364 times

Advertisements

Cool article about NC A&T State University in Greensboro which is the largest HBCU in the United States. A&T's engineering school also produces more African American engineers than any school in the country.

North Carolina A&T muscles into the top ranks of HBCUs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Pay wall article. I was able to see enough to see that Sprouts may be looking at Greensboro.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...y-at-high.html

Old 02-03-2018, 06:49 AM

37 posts, read 48,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Pay wall article. I was able to see enough to see that Sprouts may be looking at Greensboro.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...y-at-high.html
I live in the area near the Westridge Shopping Center. The Sprouts rumor has been around ever since the Harris Teeter closed so hopefully it will come true. This plus plans to build an upscale senior living community behind the shopping center and whatever Marty Kotis is planning to due with the old REFS place is going to make this area hopping.

Upscale senior living, outdoor events center coming to Whitehurst Road | Local News | greensboro.com

Old 02-04-2018, 06:50 PM

626 posts, read 626,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlynFoma View Post
I live in the area near the Westridge Shopping Center. The Sprouts rumor has been around ever since the Harris Teeter closed so hopefully it will come true. This plus plans to build an upscale senior living community behind the shopping center and whatever Marty Kotis is planning to due with the old REFS place is going to make this area hopping.

Upscale senior living, outdoor events center coming to Whitehurst Road | Local News | greensboro.com
Gosh if Sprouts came to Greensboro then that would be awesome. Fayetteville just got a Sprouts open a couple weeks ago, so there is no reason why Greensboro shouldn't have one.

I am biased because I love that store.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:25 PM

Work set to begin renovating two Greensboro mills into apartments, restaurants and bars. Proximity Mill and the old Rolane Hosiery mill

Work set to begin soon on renovating 2 former mills in Greensboro | myfox8.com

The Proximity Mill will see a rebirth like the Revolution Mill accross the street. Both mills were a part of Cone Mills. Once the White Oak plant closes across from the Proximity Mill, they need to repurpose that building as well.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 02-28-2018 at 08:37 PM..

Old 04-02-2018, 07:34 PM

With the NCAA Final Four Men's basketball championship game being held tonight, here is a throwback when the NCAA championship game was held in Greensboro back in 1974 long before the big domed stadiums. It was one of two times the Final Four Championship game was held in North Carolina. The second time was 20 years later in Charlotte. A few years after Charlotte, the championship game would forever be held in the big domed football stadiums. But back in 1974, the Greensboro Coliseum had just expanded to 15,000 seats which was considered large for the times particularly for a city Greensboro's size. The coliseum would later expand again to 23,500 seats in the early 90s by raising the roof and totally redesigning the exterior.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lX-l7S1rvM

Old 04-03-2018, 07:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
And I was THERE!

Old 04-03-2018, 09:58 AM

475 posts, read 685,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Cool article about NC A&T State University in Greensboro which is the largest HBCU in the United States. A&T's engineering school also produces more African American engineers than any school in the country.

North Carolina A&T muscles into the top ranks of HBCUs
#AggiePride

Old 04-03-2018, 03:59 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
And I was THERE!
You're showing your age!

Old 04-03-2018, 04:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
You're showing your age!
I know! But I was THERE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point