Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 06:21 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
But how would friendly have a track record if people like
You and the news never post the bad things that happen there? Of course it looks like no crime happens over there!! You wouldn't post even if somebody did get murdered in the apple
Store parking lot lol because you and Greensboro news outlets want to keep friendly clean. Why I
Don't know
Please don't speculate about what I might or might not post about. You don't know. You are clearly the one with the strange agenda, not me.

Any murder at Friendly would receive the same media coverage, if not more, than a murder at 4 Seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 PM

6,158 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Quote:
People want four seasons to be bad so bad!! The news talks about shots fired when no shots were fired it was a Instagram teenager causing a fuss. Did this really need to make news?
Funny thing is that people assumed it would a group of young African American males and it was the total opposite.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:38 PM

241 posts, read 237,652 times
Quote:
But how would friendly have a track record if people like
You and the news never post the bad things that happen there? Of course it looks like no crime happens over there!! You wouldn't post even if somebody did get murdered in the apple
Store parking lot lol because you and Greensboro news outlets want to keep friendly clean. Why I
Don't know

People develop these biases and literally WAIT for things to happen just so they can point them out. Its sad. Friendly's had its fair share of crime. Murders, bank robberies, stolen cars crashing into stores, jewelry heists, etc. all in recent time, and you rarely hear about them (exception of the armored car shooting). A teenage girl getting physical with security and you see headlines like "Yet more pandemonium and carnage at Four Seasons Mall."

Photo: Suspect attacked Greensboro Macy’s worker during robbery | myfox8.com

Suspect arrested in mall homicide | News | greensboro.com

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/03...o-apple-store/

Arrest made in bank robbery at Friendly Center

Armed men rob Schiffman

Old 03-03-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamchaser13 View Post
People develop these biases and literally WAIT for things to happen just so they can point them out. Its sad. Friendly's had its fair share of crime. Murders, bank robberies, stolen cars crashing into stores, jewelry heists, etc. all in recent time, and you rarely hear about them (exception of the armored car shooting). A teenage girl getting physical with security and you see headlines like "Yet more pandemonium and carnage at Four Seasons Mall."

Photo: Suspect attacked Greensboro Macy’s worker during robbery | myfox8.com

Suspect arrested in mall homicide | News | greensboro.com

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/03...o-apple-store/

Arrest made in bank robbery at Friendly Center

Armed men rob Schiffman
Thanks for proving my point! Crime at Friendly gets lots of media attention. In fact the almost 10 (!) year old murder case was, according to the article you posted "...highly publicized..." And I won't bother to mention where the perp was arrested.

You had to really dig deep in the archives to pull those up...nice work! 10 years ago, lol.

Last edited by BC1960; 03-03-2018 at 06:02 AM..

Old 03-03-2018, 05:52 AM

239 posts, read 306,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Thanks for proving my point! Crime at Friendly gets lots of media attention. In fact the almost 10 (!) year old murder case was, according to the article you posted "...highly publicized..." And I won't bother to mention where the perp was arrested.

You had to really dig deep in the archives to pull those up...nice work!
I don't remember you making a post about those crimes at friendly 🤔 Maybe I missed those post

Old 03-03-2018, 05:56 AM

The point is you and the triad media like to keep certain areas of Greensboro clean and so they don't talk about all of the crime and stuff that's happening.
I was at friendly last year and a guy ran out of one of the stores with a armful of merchandise lol knocked over people and everything I bet nobody ever heard of that! Because the news didn't post it!

Old 03-03-2018, 05:58 AM

Quote:
I don't remember you making a post about those crimes at friendly 🤔 Maybe I missed those post
Um, thats because they were so long ago I wasn't active on this site! Nice try, though.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
The point is you and the triad media like to keep certain areas of Greensboro clean and so they don't talk about all of the crime and stuff that's happening.
No, thats really NOT the point. That point was completely disproved up thread, in case you didn't notice. Please try to keep up.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
No, thats really NOT the point. That point was completely disproved up thread, in case you didn't notice. Please try to keep up.
My point was already proved by you though. it's a fact you won't post anything negative about friendly even if it was this year! can you tell us why?

Old 03-03-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
My point was already proved by you though. it's a fact you won't post anything negative about friendly even if it was this year! can you tell us why?
Thats not a fact.

Last edited by BC1960; 03-03-2018 at 06:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point