Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 1,379 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be moving to GSO in the next month or two from Louisiana and are looking for recommendations on where to live. We have a 6 month old so we are looking for a safe area with good schools and are needing to be in the 200-250k price range. We would like to be somewhat close to fun restaurants, shopping, sports bars, activities for kids for when family comes to visit. Lastly, recommendations for infant daycare? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,433,623 times
Look at the neighborhoods in the general area of Friendly Shopping Center...Guilford Hills, Green Valley, Hamilton Lakes.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:50 AM

34,201 posts, read 83,388,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielb17 View Post
My wife and I will be moving to GSO in the next month or two from Louisiana...
That's a big jump. Don't feel like you have to cover all the bases on Day one.
Good luck with it all.

Quote:
...looking for recommendations on where to live.
I'll leave the specific neighborhood recommendations to those who are there, but...
start with the JOB location and making the commute to/from simplest.

Quote:
Lastly, recommendations for infant daycare?
I'd suggest that as the firstly.

Quote:
We have a 6 month old so we are looking for a safe area with good schools
and are needing to be in the 200-250k price range.
You are YEARS away from needing to be concerned about schools
and the idea of BUYING at this juncture has it's own problems.

Rent something small for a couple of years. Save up the extra.
Make some friends. Learn your way around.
Don't BUY until you can answer all these questions based on your own experience.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,379 times
I am in construction so from past experiences, you worry less about where your work is and worry more about where you want to live (near activities, food, bars, safe, etc.) Infant daycare is top priority because atleast in LA, there are usually 6 month waiting lists for the good ones. Lastly, I do not believe in renting so that is why I’m asking for suggestions. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: