Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 03:12 AM

120 posts, read 158,511 times

Advertisements

https://www.greensboro.com/business/..._medium=social

In Hanes Mall, near the carousel, Sears, and Bath & Body Works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 04:10 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
Dave and Busters confirmed coming to Winston-Sale
What's a Dave & Busters ...and why should anyone care it's coming?

Old 06-29-2018, 04:19 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,329,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What's a Dave & Busters ...and why should anyone care it's coming?
Part sports bar, part restaurant, and part arcade. Some call it a an adult Chuck E. Cheeseā€™s.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:00 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,221,404 times
It's like Round One at Four Seasons in Greensboro without the bowling. These kind of entertainment attractions are opening up in malls across the country to attract more people to malls.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:01 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,053,856 times
https://www.daveandbusters.com/

Here's their website. They're a pretty cool place. CJseliga sums it up pretty well saying it's part sports bar, part restaurant, and part arcade. The D&B that W-S is getting is one of their smaller ones (it will be considerably smaller than Round 1).

Food is decent, but nothing to write home about. They have some interesting drinks though and the games are fun. I actually used to go quite a bit when I lived in Maryland (I probably went once every three or four months and after a year and a half, had enough tickets to "buy" a video game). Now that I'm older, I won't be going nearly as often, but I am interested to check the place out.

FWIW: The Dave and Busters in Concord DOES have a bowling alley.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
https://www.daveandbusters.com/

Here's their website. They're a pretty cool place. CJseliga sums it up pretty well saying it's part sports bar, part restaurant, and part arcade. The D&B that W-S is getting is one of their smaller ones (it will be considerably smaller than Round 1).

Food is decent, but nothing to write home about. They have some interesting drinks though and the games are fun. I actually used to go quite a bit when I lived in Maryland (I probably went once every three or four months and after a year and a half, had enough tickets to "buy" a video game). Now that I'm older, I won't be going nearly as often, but I am interested to check the place out.

FWIW: The Dave and Busters in Concord DOES have a bowling alley.
Isn't there one in Cary? Anyway great addition to Hanes Mall

Old 06-30-2018, 08:35 AM

52 posts, read 69,874 times
As far as brand recognition, Dave & Busters is on a whole other level than Round One. It's kind of a big deal, but it isnt. Seeing that there are only a few locations in the Carolinas (destination malls, and larger/touristy cities) this is a big win for Hanes and NWNC.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:34 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,329,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Isn't there one in Cary? Anyway great addition to Hanes Mall
Yeah, in Cary Towne Center. It opened in November 2013, one of my coworkers at Duke Medical Center, her boyfriend came down from the Richmond D&B to help get it up and running. I got to go to the "soft opening" back then, it was OK food, I can't really complain since it was free!

There's two more in NC, one at Concord Mills and one at Carolina Place in Pineville which opened last October.

I'm not a big game/arcade person, but I can see the draw. I personally rather go to more "local" sports bar/restaurants, than national chains, but having choices/variety is always good.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:20 PM

Round One is still fairly new compared to Dave and Busters. Because of that there are far less Round One locations. The next closest Round One is in Atlanta. There are only 20 Round One locations nationwide vs 115 Dave and Busters locations. But Round One and Dave and Busters are pretty much the same kind of entertainment venue. The only difference is that most of the Dave and Busters locations don't include bowling. Round One also has billards, ping pong, Karaoke in addition to the bowling, arcade and restaurant. these kind of destinations are becoming more and more common as retail stores and malls are taking a big hit. In some cities they are building apartments or amusement parks inside the malls. The Dave and Busters in Hanes Mall will be 31,000 square feet. Round One at Four Seasons is 50,000 square feet.

Arcade of a typical Dave and Busters

typical Round One arcade

Could Winston-Salem also get a Cheesecake Factory near Hanes Mall too? I question this because I read a reddit forum post that was posted long before the public knew about Dave and Busters coming to Hanes. The post also mentioned a Cheesecake Factory which would be the second Triad location. The other is in Greensboro.

Jan 21, 2018,
Heard it here first: Hanes Mall is getting a Dave & Buster's AND a Cheesecake Factory!
Chatted with a gal in Things Remembered (which is pretty much closed down now) and she told me that the bank of stores that they were in is now rented out to the forthcoming Dave & Busters, and that they're dropping in a Cheesecake Factory over by the Ruby Tuesday's lot.

Honestly, bit surprised...mall's felt like it's dying for quite some time and those are two huge names to pull in.

Other more recent post say that no Cheesecake Factory is on the table at all for Winston-Salem but who knows.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-30-2018 at 01:12 PM..

Old 07-01-2018, 12:18 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,053,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Round One is still fairly new compared to Dave and Busters. Because of that there are far less Round One locations. The next closest Round One is in Atlanta. There are only 20 Round One locations nationwide vs 115 Dave and Busters locations. But Round One and Dave and Busters are pretty much the same kind of entertainment venue. The only difference is that most of the Dave and Busters locations don't include bowling. Round One also has billards, ping pong, Karaoke in addition to the bowling, arcade and restaurant. these kind of destinations are becoming more and more common as retail stores and malls are taking a big hit. In some cities they are building apartments or amusement parks inside the malls. The Dave and Busters in Hanes Mall will be 31,000 square feet. Round One at Four Seasons is 50,000 square feet.

Arcade of a typical Dave and Busters

typical Round One arcade

Could Winston-Salem also get a Cheesecake Factory near Hanes Mall too? I question this because I read a reddit forum post that was posted long before the public knew about Dave and Busters coming to Hanes. The post also mentioned a Cheesecake Factory which would be the second Triad location. The other is in Greensboro.

Jan 21, 2018,
Heard it here first: Hanes Mall is getting a Dave & Buster's AND a Cheesecake Factory!
Chatted with a gal in Things Remembered (which is pretty much closed down now) and she told me that the bank of stores that they were in is now rented out to the forthcoming Dave & Busters, and that they're dropping in a Cheesecake Factory over by the Ruby Tuesday's lot.

Honestly, bit surprised...mall's felt like it's dying for quite some time and those are two huge names to pull in.

Other more recent post say that no Cheesecake Factory is on the table at all for Winston-Salem but who knows.
Well, Winston-Salem does have a PF Chang's and the two (Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs) tend to go together (though not always next to each other). So it certainly wouldn't be surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point