Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 04:31 PM

239 posts, read 307,162 times

Advertisements

https://www.greensboro.com/news/crim...f3a198186.html

Maybe I missed it but has anybody posted this yet? 🤔
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 02:56 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,504,393 times
Wow, I am so sorry to hear this! Could have happened to anybody. Pretty bold for someone to do that at the Friendly Shopping Center. I consider that a pretty safe place for anybody. One rule we try to follow when friends meet up for dinner is to try and park as close to each other as possible. Guys in the group usually try to wait until the ladies are in their cars and safely up the road before we leave - or either we ride together.

Sad that there's people in this world who act like this. Even sadder that they're too much of a coward to show their faces when they commit such a stupid crime.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:33 PM

Yes it is sad but goes to show no one area is completely safe at all, people can get robbed at friendly center the same way it could happen at four seasons just with less coverage.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:48 AM

71 posts, read 96,375 times
Friendly certainly isn't immune to crime. I remember about 10 years ago the fatal shooting of the armored truck guard inside of the Old Navy. The withering of indoor malls as well as the decline of the neighborhoods around Four Seasons certainly haven't done it any favors, though.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
Yes it is sad but goes to show no one area is completely safe at all, people can get robbed at friendly center the same way it could happen at four seasons just with less coverage.
Sure. People can get robbed in the church parking lot. But, if we consider likelihood, usually Friendly Shopping Center is not likely to be a hotbed for crime. Yes, crime can and does happen there, but the incident that happened is more of the exception than the rule.

Four Seasons Mall is just a bad place to be, especially after dark. Even I don't feel safe going there and I can handle myself pretty well.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:32 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,176,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Sure. People can get robbed in the church parking lot. But, if we consider likelihood, usually Friendly Shopping Center is not likely to be a hotbed for crime. Yes, crime can and does happen there, but the incident that happened is more of the exception than the rule.

Four Seasons Mall is just a bad place to be, especially after dark. Even I don't feel safe going there and I can handle myself pretty well.
Unfortunately no one can handle a bad guy with a gun when you're unarmed.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Unfortunately no one can handle a bad guy with a gun when you're unarmed.
Very true.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:41 PM

97 posts, read 228,136 times
Is that really surprising for Greensboro...just turn on the news...(being honest)
Look at the stats...(2017)

Greensboro had about 48 murders I think - about 275,000 in the city limits
Charlotte had about 85 murders - almost 900,000 in the city limits
Winston-Salem had about 26 murders - about 250,000 people in the city limits

Charlotte being over 3 times the size would give Greensboro a murder rate double that of Charlotte & double Winston-Salem too.

GSO has the potential of being a nice place...but they need to get a grip on their crime.

That is rare though for Friendly Center.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:03 PM

Is it rare? Or is it not reported on when crime happens at friendly center so it seems rare.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpe16 View Post
Is it rare? Or is it not reported on when crime happens at friendly center so it seems rare.
Why would it not be reported at Friendly Center, yet be reported elsewhere? That doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point