Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 3,371 times

Advertisements

Hi, I’m looking for some opinions about the Triad area, Greensboro specifically. I’m a 45 year old woman with a husband and a teenager. We’re lookong to make a move down south once my teen graduates high school in 2 years. My husband and myself will be looking for jobs so I was wondering if the Triad area has good job opportunities? I was originally looking in the Raleigh area but when I came across the town of Greensboro, it looked more appealing to me. We currently live on Long Island but we don’t care about being by the ocean. I work with individuals with developmental disabilities and my husband works as a gravedigger but is interested in the possibility of finding a custodian job. What is the approximate pay for these jobs in the area? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 07:00 PM

6,175 posts, read 4,654,100 times
Hi Sarljo, I'm sure there would be a pretty wide range depending on who the employer is. I noticed that Guilford County schools have openings for custodians with a starting salary of just over $2,000 per month.

https://www.applitrack.com/gcsnc/onlineapp/default.aspx

The salary for jobs working with adults with disabilities would vary pretty considerably depending on exactly what your job role is but there are definitely those jobs out there. This list might be a start to show you what agencies are in the area and see if these agencies have any openings:

http://www1.gcsnc.com/depts/EC/pdfs/...sabilities.pdf

Salaries for the Triad may be a little lower than the Triangle/Raleigh area but the cost of housing is noticeably higher in Raleigh and the Triangle (with steeper price increases) than in the Triad. I'm sure there could be exceptions but for most jobs in fields you've mentioned, you'd be better off in the Triad because of the Triangle's housing costs.

Last edited by Jowel; 01-19-2019 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point