Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 10:32 PM

4 posts, read 2,031 times

Advertisements

We are in need of some suggestions on some nice neighborhoods yet affordable with a backyards for a large dog. We are looking to rent a 3 bedroom house budget up to $1,275.00. Commute is not as of a big deal as the location. Also, one of my son’s will be looking for like a studio or something similar (not sure if those are available anywhere) We’re a close knit family and enjoy mountains, hiking, lakes, culture, movies, and community basically we like to be outside. We used to live in VA Beach, VA years ago. We now live in South Dakota where it is snowing on this fine Spring day (blah-so over the snow right now, we don’t mind snow but hate the cold). We are so ready to move back to the East Coast. We have never been to Greensboro but this is where we have decided to move to. Any advise, the good, the bad (where to stay away from) just the ends and outs of Greensboro. Thanks in advance =]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 04:44 AM

275 posts, read 233,037 times
Well, beyond the fact that moving somewhere you've never been before is a bad idea, my advice is to stick to the west and northwest areas of the city. Lots of nice neighborhoods there. Rental houses are in tight supply. Many of existing threads on G'boro you should search for and read through on here.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:58 AM

34,116 posts, read 83,086,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound3 View Post
We have never been to Greensboro but this is where we have decided to move to.
Really?

Quote:
We are looking to rent a 3 bedroom house budget up to $1,275.00.
...with a backyard for a large dog.
Craigslist shows a few. Here's a LINK

Old 05-22-2019, 06:02 AM

Let me just say. Of course I'm not going to just pack up the whole family and show up in NC, duh. I was just asking about what areas of the city was better than others. Heck we might just move back to VA who knows. We won't be moving anywhere until next fall. We are retired military and we are very aware of moving to new places isn't always good and can be challenging. This is why I thought maybe the opinion of people who may know the area or live in a good area can make suggestions so we can come down to check things out.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,429,574 times
I grew up in Green Valley. It's well located with easy access to amenities. Hamilton Lakes and Starmount would also be good places to look.

PM me if you need a real estate agent. My childhood next door neighbor is an agent. She's lived here all her life and knows everything.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM

Thank you, for the info. I was hoping to hear from a local with the understanding of what we were looking for. Do real estate agents handle rental properties too?

Old 05-22-2019, 01:31 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,429,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound3 View Post
Thank you, for the info. I was hoping to hear from a local with the understanding of what we were looking for. Do real estate agents handle rental properties too?
I AM local. I grew up here and moved back when my parents needed me. So I'm here.

Some agents handle rentals. I don't know if my friend does or not. I can ask her wheat she thinks.

The advice you've gotten about the NW part of Greensboro is good. There are excellent outdoor spaces throughout the city. Traffic is never a problem. After living in DC then Charleston, that was a big deal for me.

Come see for yourself. I think rental properties that meet your needs go pretty quickly.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Again, thank you I will be coming out a few times over the next year and then finally make a decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point