Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2020, 07:09 PM

4 posts, read 14,736 times

Advertisements

Hi All , Could someone pls suggest some apartments communities where we can find indians .I will be working in the downtown area and 20 mins drive should be fine for me for commute . Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 08:49 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantauser9 View Post
Hi All , Could someone pls suggest some apartments communities where we can find indians .I will be working in the downtown area and 20 mins drive should be fine for me for commute . Thanks in advance.
hello and welcome.
If you don’t want to pay higher downtown prices and want a overal short commute time, I recommend looking into these nice apartment complex on market street.

Greensboro has quite a diverse foreign population and as such,market street is also a nice international corridor that specializes in hard to find Asian/European/global foods, goods and products, with authentic specialized stores such as the Fanta city international mall, Super G global super market/ trading post and much more. Fanta city mall has several Hindu specialized stores and smaller markets. So chances are if you need it, Fanta city mall has it.

Fanta city international mall

Inside of the Super Desi Bazaar Indian supermarket in the Fanta city mall.

Mings international global mart which also specializes in Indian(located on gate city Blvd) and there is small Indian grocery store on Wendover ave, but the largest is the above store in Fanta city.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited by YinXyang; 01-02-2020 at 08:58 PM..

Old 02-24-2020, 02:20 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,201 times
My friend who works in apartment leasing says there are lots of Indian families in the Bradford Parkway area, near lots of shopping and dining. Taking Wendover Ave to Market St or Friendly Ave will bring you directly downtown in that timeframe. The 5:00 rush can be a little crowded, but it's never stopped traffic, bumper to bumper or anything like in DC or NY.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:22 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,201 times
Also what Yin Xyang said about Fanta City Mall area and Super G is spot on. Excellent shopping in that area for all sorts of cuisine, grocery, and hard to find items, including live blue crab on occasion. A second large store called Li-Ming also has live fish and is nicely affordable.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:05 AM

6,110 posts, read 4,603,494 times
I'd agree with YinxYang about the area along West Market Street. I've always liked that area because it's such a complementary mix of international vibe, along with born and raised North Carolina vibe. Plus it's centrally located to so much in Greensboro and beyond, without feeling so congested.

As far as the international shopping, having the Fanta City Mall and Super G right there would be a definite plus. I personally prefer Li Ming, only because it's less congested than Super G and the customers seem a little more relaxed, but Super G is okay if you can get there at non peak times. These areas are a hub for international food shopping for not only Greensboro but the surrounding Triad area as well. Of course, just because of how Greensboro is laid out, they're usually situated in strip shopping centers rather than a distinct district though the Fanta Mall is a good grouping of international options with other stores scattered around the area, and the city.

I also agree with Ibegforsushi about Bridford Parkway. The apartments I'm familiar with are Bridford Lake Apartments, which are on Bridford Parkway, off West Wendover Avenue. Those are quite nice (with a great pool and outdoor areas) and I've known someone who lived there probably 10 years ago and remember a pretty significant Indian population. That area definitely feels more suburban though and while there's shopping, it's your typical array of chain stores/restaurants along congested West Wendover Avenue, though the apartments themselves are tucked away. As previously mentioned by ibeg4sushi's post, the congestion on Wendover isn't anywhere near DC, Atlanta, etc., levels, it's just more of an aggravation on a poorly designed roadway (lanes seem to begin and end out of nowhere with people being inattentive). Though if you worked closer to that area it would be a good choice, and it's still pretty accessible to much of the Triad.

Last edited by Jowel; 02-25-2020 at 07:22 AM..

Old 02-29-2020, 06:29 AM

20 posts, read 16,838 times
Id check out autumn forest, its in browns summit (off summit avenue/"brown summit road").

or blackthorn apartments on yanceyville road. browns summit again

browns summit is the northern country part of guilford county, very quiet and sparse, but, that means cheaper living costs than its bigger sibling greensboro.

also its only 5-8 minutes for a drive into greensboro via yanceyville road south or us 29 south.

plenty of small international stores along summit avenue, and yanceyville road

for grocery shopping, small shopping complex on exit 136 off us 29 / hicone road, & then walmart and lowes at the cone boulevard exit off 29.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:32 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,959,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushighway74 View Post
Id check out autumn forest, its in browns summit (off summit avenue/"brown summit road").

or blackthorn apartments on yanceyville road. browns summit again

browns summit is the northern country part of guilford county, very quiet and sparse, but, that means cheaper living costs than its bigger sibling greensboro.

also its only 5-8 minutes for a drive into greensboro via yanceyville road south or us 29 south.

plenty of small international stores along summit avenue, and yanceyville road

for grocery shopping, small shopping complex on exit 136 off us 29 / hicone road, & then walmart and lowes at the cone boulevard exit off 29.
Wait, where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point