Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:05 PM

110 posts, read 182,882 times

Advertisements

Working hard to locate the type of property we want in the Triad. Is there some terminology which designates a NON GATED community of "villas, condos, attached homes, freestanding homes" in this area. Here in Florida (get me out of here) it is "Villas" but you are on your own regarding "gated". Every area is different, wondering how to search in North Carolina. Would prefer diverse, eclectic but just waste a lot of time looking at property in Country Club type developments. Thanks if you can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 01:18 PM

628 posts, read 399,196 times
The triad has very few gated communities. Almost none. What is it exactly you're looking for? And where?

Old 07-10-2020, 03:10 PM

We are not tied to one area as we are retired. Hoping to find a small single family or a bit larger (1600 SF or so) villa. Learning what we can about neighborhoods, but home requirements are 2/2/2, with gas utility, fireplace, and hopefully sun room. We do want outdoor space and hopefully a conservation, treed view or decent sized yard. Sun room a bonus. Would like a walkable neighborhood.
Open to rent for a year, but not unwilling to camp out at LaQuinta for a while. Asking too much?

Old 07-10-2020, 03:26 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavoufl View Post
We are not tied to one area as we are retired.
Hoping to find a small single family or a bit larger (1600 SF or so) villa.
Just call it a house and see what you get.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
We are not tied to one area as we are retired. Hoping to find a small single family or a bit larger (1600 SF or so) villa. Learning what we can about neighborhoods, but home requirements are 2/2/2, with gas utility, fireplace, and hopefully sun room. We do want outdoor space and hopefully a conservation, treed view or decent sized yard. Sun room a bonus. Would like a walkable neighborhood.
Open to rent for a year, but not unwilling to camp out at LaQuinta for a while. Asking too much?
Yeah, just search for your requirements. There are so few gated communitities it won't be an issue.

When you say walkable, what do you mean? Older house or newer? Are you looking for a brand new neighborhood, or an older established one? Budget? 2/2/2 means 2 bedroom, 2 baths, 2?

Old 07-10-2020, 05:07 PM

2/2/2 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage. Older, or somewhere between 25 - 2 years old. Established. Walkable is able to do 3 miles more or less on foot without a problem. (very early am walker, but I can work that part out). I'll take the advice and look for "house". Thank you.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
2/2/2 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage. Older, or somewhere between 25 - 2 years old. Established. Walkable is able to do 3 miles more or less on foot without a problem. (very early am walker, but I can work that part out). I'll take the advice and look for "house". Thank you.
Walkable to stores/doctor/services? Or just walkable for exercise? How much are you looking to spend? 2 bedroom houses are hard to find. Most will be 3 bedrooms.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:35 PM

Walkable for exercise. 2/2/2 is minimum. 3/2/2 is fine. $275K, ready, or needing very little. Looking for solid more than large. You are great at getting honed in on the goal, but you have not said if this "laundry list" is realistic. What do you think?

Old 07-10-2020, 06:58 PM

Not completely unreasonable, but not a slam dunk. Here's a Zillow search for Greensboro for SFH, 2+/2+, built since 1995, under 275K:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/Greensb...e%22%3Atrue%7D

Total properties is 104, but I'm sure many are in undesirable areas, no garage, need renovation,etc.

This one is in a subdivision called Adams Farm that I think meets your requirements: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1.../5960585_zpid/

This is in a neighborhood near the airport that might be of interest: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3.../6007843_zpid/

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 07-10-2020 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-11-2020, 04:32 AM

410 posts, read 343,113 times
Quote:

I can think of very few places in the Winston Salem area that would meet your requirements. I suggest that you look at downtown Winston - it is walkable, many restaurants, etc. - but you will likely be lacking a garage and sunroom. There is one set of condos on Marshall Street in Winston Salem called Academy Park - these are older places that have a great floor design. Each unit has a patio or balcony + a garage. There are other condos in the Marshall Street area that I believe, may also be set up similarly. If I were you, I would reach out to a realtor who can send you listings that are tailored for what you are seeking. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point