Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 12:10 AM

37,917 posts, read 42,135,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
And you enclosed statements in quotation marks not actually attributable to me. Twice. This is a grievous error among accomplished writers. And overall, it's an extremely confusing and disjointed post. Southern educated?
Bless your heart.

Actually those statements are examples of sarcastic paraphrase and they are often enclosed in quotation marks. If this were an article or blog entry, I would have made it explicitly known that they were such, but seeing as though it was merely a response to you on an online forum, that wasn't necessary.

Nice attempt at evasion though. So how is it possible that you moved to Greensboro sight unseen, knowing absolutely nothing about the city before making that decision (and such a harebrained move alone puts you in no position whatsoever to question the quality of anyone else's education) AND you researched crime stats for Greensboro from 700 miles away in Boston, which is where you lived before relocating to NC, and that's when and how you knew Greensboro was a high-crime city (and note that his was your counterargument to my assertion that Greensboro doesn't really have a reputation as a high-crime city)?

We're still awaiting an answer.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
From your own Rhino Times, dated November 2020: "Greensboro Ranked As State's Most Dangerous City". Sounds suspiciously similar to a "reputation". Which it "doesn't really have"?
Yeah, that's not how it works.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:21 AM

Quote:
My "alter ego" joined this forum in 2015. He or she waited 6 years to hatch this scheme? Can you honestly say that this seems reasonable to you? Please say no.
Ummmm....no.

He joined in 2015 under normal circumstances as anyone would do. Over time, he discovered a nice comfy spot under this subforum's bridge and eventually decided to create an alter ego as a sidekick of sorts I suppose. I have no idea why you would presuppose that anyone created their original account with the intent to create sock puppet sidekicks years into the future.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
He knows that we are different people. He and I have had our debates in the past. Don't fall for his mind games. It's his way of trying to shut you up...
Actually I don't know that at all and I wouldn't at all be surprised if what I'm asserting is true. All of this creepy cyber hi-fiving both of you are engaging in and tag-tagging each other to attack the same person? Weird af, immature af, suspicious af.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Can we just lock this thread already? And can we have a thread that doesn't turn into some nonsensical pissing match?
I regret that I allowed myself to get pulled into this, but it's always the ridiculous same-old, same-old with certain posters and whenever they comment in any Greensboro thread, it usually becomes a dumpster fire in no time. And of course, it's always everyone else's fault for not being as smart and insightful as they are and instead they choose to be delusional and engage in immature booterism.

But with that, I bow out.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:47 AM

858 posts, read 429,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Observer View Post
Is this Mutany77 person a “wrapper” or a “rapper” ? LOL

Hey - “pak da ca in Havard yad”
Do you mean "Mutiny77"? You people have me wondering if schools exist in North Carolina.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
He knows that we are different people. He and I have had our debates in the past. Don't fall for his mind games. It's his way of trying to shut you up...
He says he's a Triad "well-wisher". From afar. I wonder if that's like a wannabe? At any rate, he's apparently returned to his mother's basement. Does he usually reappear?

Old 03-21-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I regret that I allowed myself to get pulled into this, but it's always the ridiculous same-old, same-old with certain posters and whenever they comment in any Greensboro thread, it usually becomes a dumpster fire in no time. And of course, it's always everyone else's fault for not being as smart and insightful as they are and instead they choose to be delusional and engage in immature booterism.

But with that, I bow out.
What pray tell, is "booterism"?

Old 03-21-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Ummmm....no.

He joined in 2015 under normal circumstances as anyone would do. Over time, he discovered a nice comfy spot under this subforum's bridge and eventually decided to create an alter ego as a sidekick of sorts I suppose. I have no idea why you would presuppose that anyone created their original account with the intent to create sock puppet sidekicks years into the future.
"....create sock puppet sidekicks years into the future." Yes of course, this probably explains it. Thank you. For more than you can possibly realize.

Last edited by TunedIn; 03-21-2021 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-21-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Actually I don't know that at all and I wouldn't at all be surprised if what I'm asserting is true. All of this creepy cyber hi-fiving both of you are engaging in and tag-tagging each other to attack the same person? Weird af, immature af, suspicious af.
Do you mean tag-teaming? If so, it's something done to another and not each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point