Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 08:29 AM

851 posts, read 418,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamoe09 View Post
a

You sound like you are miserable living in Greensboro. Maybe you should move. As far as the reputation of crime. I’m born and raised in Greensboro. Lived all over the southeast and northeast. 99% of people know very little about Greensboro if they weren’t from NC or a neighboring state. The crime increase is something recent. There are plenty of other cities who have had worse crime for years who continued to adjust and grow.
Somehow I knew that you were a native.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:41 AM

14 posts, read 8,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Somehow I knew that you were a native.
I’m a new person posting. Not the person you have been arguing with for a while. Regardless. I’ve known many people who complain about where they live among other things. I’ve lived places I’ve hated. You know what I did. I moved. Changed my circumstance instead of just whining and complaining about it. There are people who like Greensboro there are people hate it. My spouse is from Boston ( where you said you still have a house) She hates it and would never want to move back. I think it’s old and dirty. But we know people who love it and would never live anywhere else. All that to say if you hate it make yourself happy and move. You are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness. Right?!?!

Old 03-20-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamoe09 View Post
I’m a new person posting. Not the person you have been arguing with for a while. Regardless. I’ve known many people who complain about where they live among other things. I’ve lived places I’ve hated. You know what I did. I moved. Changed my circumstance instead of just whining and complaining about it. There are people who like Greensboro there are people hate it. My spouse is from Boston ( where you said you still have a house) She hates it and would never want to move back. I think it’s old and dirty. But we know people who love it and would never live anywhere else. All that to say if you hate it make yourself happy and move. You are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness. Right?!?!
Opinions vary and you're completely entitled to yours regarding Greensboro. Or Boston. It's my sincerest hope that you continue to post your observations concerning both. It's a primary reason for this forum to exist after all. Let us both be satisfied with our differing evaluations.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:57 AM

14 posts, read 8,812 times
Quote:
Opinions vary and you're completely entitled to your opinions regarding Greensboro. Or Boston. It's my sincerest hope that you continue to post your observations concerning both. It's a primary reason for this forum to exist after all. Let us both be satisfied with our differing evaluations.
Agreed. Enjoy your weekend.

Old 03-20-2021, 10:17 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,056,292 times
Quote:
I'll agree that we're off-topic, but in the abstract I reserve the same right to share my negative opinions as you do your positive. There's nothing new here, it's your own insecurities which render you reflexively defensive. If I'm just some nut Yankee with an axe to grind, then prospective relocators will see that I'm all wet the minute they hit town for their preliminary evaluation. Won't they?
It's not insecurities. I understand Greensboro's issues. Extreme hyperbole and knack for injecting that negativity into any thread regardless of how related your gripes are to the thread hurt your credibility. It frankly stifles legitimate conversation, regarding the positives, negatives, and just straight up facts.

I'm no homer. I'm not even a native. As of approximately a decade ago, I had only once been to the Triad (Winston-Salem). As of five years ago, I had only been through Greensboro in passing. I don't share your disdain. I'm not saying your opinions are invalid. But your hyperbole is absurd and a detriment to productive conversation.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:29 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,165,256 times
Quote:
I've found that homers in laggard cities invariably gush that theirs is "just like every place else". And offer excuses rather than acknowledgements. I understand, what other defense exists to be offered? Look, I'm not a captive here. I didn't sell my house in Boston. My daughter's attending college in Charlotte for 4 years and I wanted to be nearby. Predictably, She wanted me close, but not too close. She needs her "space" after all. Raleigh was too far and how bad could Greensboro be? There was simply no possible way that I could have predicted how stunted and backward a U.S. city of 300,000 could be in the year 2021. Maybe we can do some work in 4 years and catch up with civilization. If not, we part as friends with no hard feelings. Please understand that my IQ is 147 and my vision is 20/20. I'm not stupid. Or blind. And I've no axe to grind. I'm offering my honest opinions regarding a city that I had very much hoped to be my second home.
My thoughts precisely. Also they tend to prefer listening to fools rather than sound reasoning.

Old 03-20-2021, 01:59 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
I've found that homers in laggard cities invariably gush that theirs is "just like every place else". And offer excuses rather than acknowledgements. I understand, what other defense exists to be offered? Look, I'm not a captive here. I didn't sell my house in Boston. My daughter's attending college in Charlotte for 4 years and I wanted to be nearby. Predictably, She wanted me close, but not too close. She needs her "space" after all. Raleigh was too far and how bad could Greensboro be? There was simply no possible way that I could have predicted how stunted and backward a U.S. city of 300,000 could be in the year 2021. Maybe we can do some work in 4 years and catch up with civilization. If not, we part as friends with no hard feelings. Please understand that my IQ is 147 and my vision is 20/20. I'm not stupid. Or blind. And I've no axe to grind. I'm offering my honest opinions regarding a city that I had very much hoped to be my second home.
Soooo you moved to a city sight unseen in the year of our Lord 2020 and Greensboro is somehow to blame? And you had other options in NC and SC that were within relatively close proximity, but somehow they never struck you as options?

Surely you jest. SURELY.

And for the record I do not nor have I ever lived in Greensboro.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
And you're dead wrong about a lack of "reputation" for crime. I was flabbergasted from 700 miles away when researching North Carolina. I never would have chanced the move with a family in tow.
Now I see exactly why you're in the position you're in....geesh.

Sir...you proved my point. Greensboro doesn't have a reputation for crime; you had to research to discover that tidbit. It's not like Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore which do have those reputations...meaning people don't have to research their crime rates to discover that.

But hold up. I thought you just said you moved to Greensboro sight unseen. Now you're saying you moved there knowing it had a high crime rate and you want to complain about it?

Trolling really isn't your thing, Helicopter Dad.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
What you continually miss, or choose to miss, is that Greensboro offers precious little to "overshadow" it's violent crime rate.
What you continually miss is that it's annoying as hell to quote me repeatedly to make these little off-the-wall statements in separate posts.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Soooo you moved to a city sight unseen in the year of our Lord 2020 and Greensboro is somehow to blame? And you had other options in NC and SC that were within relatively close proximity, but somehow they never struck you as options?

Surely you jest. SURELY.

And for the record I do not nor have I ever lived in Greensboro.
What can I say, some gambles pay off better than others. No guts, no glory in this life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point