Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 03:01 PM

863 posts, read 438,000 times

Advertisements

On the bright side, I've got some stories to tell at the rowing club back in Boston.

Old 03-20-2021, 03:05 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,976,007 times
I find it strange how the triad can never have any decent discussions, even Publix distribution thread turned into nonsensical drama, it’s just weird at this point.

8 pages of bickering, petty arguments and childish drama.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:57 PM

231 posts, read 237,642 times
Greensboro is a nice city. Its not nearly as bad as you goobers are making it out to be. I get that its also not as perfect as a couple of posters like to make it out to be, but come on, some of these posts are just way over the top.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:44 PM

37,929 posts, read 42,225,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
What can I say, some gambles pay off better than others. No guts, no glory in this life.
But then supposedly, you knew beforehand that Greensboro was a high-crime city from research you did 700 miles away up in Boston.

So what's your official story? That's why it pays to stick to the script and not wing it when you decide to engage in deceptive trolling.

Is this a uncchgrad sock puppet account? Anybody ever see both of them in the same room at the same time?

Old 03-20-2021, 06:46 PM

37,929 posts, read 42,225,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxton Bagpipes View Post
Greensboro is a nice city. Its not nearly as bad as you goobers are making it out to be. I get that its also not as perfect as a couple of posters like to make it out to be, but come on, some of these posts are just way over the top.
You are correct and I had to go back to your first post in this thread to see if you were being boosterish or throwing jabs at Winston-Salem or whatever else was on the list of offenses posted by the resident hallway monitor. I saw nothing wrong with anything you stated.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxton Bagpipes View Post
Everyone's entitled to their honest opinion. Simple as that. Plenty of detractors in the Boston forum and it doesn't bother me in the least. Let 'em have their say. Most defensiveness in this forum is born of insecurity. I've been called a pompous, arrogant, overbearing buffoon, but never insecure. If Greensboro's as good as you say, folks will figure it out. Seems to me that you're still trying to convince yourselves.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:06 PM

515 posts, read 517,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But then supposedly, you knew beforehand that Greensboro was a high-crime city from research you did 700 miles away up in Boston.

So what's your official story? That's why it pays to stick to the script and not wing it when you decide to engage in deceptive trolling.

Is this a uncchgrad sock puppet account? Anybody ever see both of them in the same room at the same time?
They both refer to people experiencing homelessness as “staggering zombies” so yeah, I’d be willing to bet it’s the same person. Pathetic.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

Huh? Do you have any idea how quickly one can ascertain from the internet that Greensboro has a serious problem with violent crime? Believe me, if I can figure it out then it's no secret. Is there something in the public water supply here that I should be concerned with?

Old 03-20-2021, 07:09 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,180,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Everyone's entitled to their honest opinion. Simple as that. Plenty of detractors in the Boston forum and it doesn't bother me in the least. Let 'em have their say. Most defensiveness in this forum is born of insecurity. I've been called a pompous, arrogant, overbearing buffoon, but never insecure. If Greensboro's as good as you say, folks will figure it out. Seems to me that you're still trying to convince yourselves.
I'd recommend that you move to the Triangle as soon as feasible. Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, or possibly Durham. You'd find it more appealing and less stressful.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:09 PM

515 posts, read 517,378 times
Lol. Nice timing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point