Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Any Input on W. Friendly St.
Safe 7 100.00%
Close to amenities 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 954 times

Advertisements

I am in my mid 20's and moving to Greensboro/ Surrounding areas from Indianapolis, IN for work. I found an apartment that is pretty nice on W friendly st. and also within my budget. I don't know the area and was wondering what people thought of this area. Safety is my main priority at this point. I'd like to be close to amenities as well but thats secondary.

The apartment is called Arbor Ridge for anyone who has any input on this particular apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 11:47 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
It's out near the airport. I can't speak to the specific complex, but, if I were in my 20s, I'd want to live closer in. There are some nice apartments downtown. You can walk to lots of places from there. There's not much out where those apartments are. Just my opinion.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:14 PM

22 posts, read 13,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL28 View Post
I am in my mid 20's and moving to Greensboro/ Surrounding areas from Indianapolis, IN for work. I found an apartment that is pretty nice on W friendly st. and also within my budget. I don't know the area and was wondering what people thought of this area. Safety is my main priority at this point. I'd like to be close to amenities as well but thats secondary.

The apartment is called Arbor Ridge for anyone who has any input on this particular apt.
That area is about as safe as you can get in the city, but as the other person said it's not really close to anything. That being said it's not really far away from anything either as you can just take friendly to downtown and be there in 10 minutes.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:12 PM

241 posts, read 237,373 times
Nice quiet area. Its somewhat on the outskirts not far from the airport but as has already been stated, you're not far from most amenities travel wise. In 15 minutes will get you can pretty much get to whatever you'd most likely be interested in.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:56 AM

385 posts, read 290,133 times
In my honest opinion it makes since to live in an apt that's 10 to 15 minutes away from downtown and using the money ud save on rent for something else. Then pay a higher rent to be downtown.. Downtown Greensboro only has soo much.. it's not NYC and everything does close down early, by early I mean 2am and the parties over in most bars with the Last Call...lol Plus ud still have to drive to places such as Target , retail stores , pet stores, etc.to do ur shopping..I believe if u did live downtown u would find yourself driving to alot of other places for stores bars, restaurants that are not around downtown.

Old 05-29-2021, 09:35 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
I can't speak specifically to that apartment complex, but if I were in the market for an apartment and looking for a quiet suburban area that was still close to everything, I would certainly live there.

For instance, if my job were near the airport (with Fed Ex, many offices, etc. in that area), this would be appealing as it would be very convenient for commuting, but yet you're still well positioned for fairly easy access to most of Greensboro and also much of the rest of the Triad. If my job were somewhere else in Greensboro, I might be looking in a different area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point