Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:22 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,625,872 times

Advertisements

We are planning on coming out in Sept/Oct to check out the areas. I have only driven through NC, but we have made a decision to move out there within a year or so. I have been doing some research online, but it would be nice to hear from others and get some suggestions. My husband thinks it might be better to rent a home for a while before buying. I guess making sure we like the area. I have been looking at the W-S/ HP/GreenSB area. I see very lovely homes to buy, but nothing to Rent. I hope someone can give me some advice on this.I want to also be close to shopping, but not right on top of it. We want to be a little more country then city. But, I don't want to have to drive more then maybe 20 mins for this. I have heard that this is possible in this area.I would also love to see some photos of the areas, if anyone can post a few.Looking forward to chatting with some of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 07:36 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,623 times
There is a new huge apartment complex that has just been finished on the edge on Greensboro. I can't remember the name of it (maybe someone on the bard can help). It is out on Battleground where the road turns into 220, also where they built a new Harris Teeter. If you lived there it would be 5 minutes from the main shopping strip of Battleground, which is a main shopping Rd in Greensboro.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 PM

We would more likely want to rent a house, or even a 2 family house (if there are any around there).

Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

You mean you want a rent a duplex (both sides)?
There are plenty of houses for rent, you should not have a problem. Check craigslist/Greensboro.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_Random View Post
You mean you want a rent a duplex (both sides)?
There are plenty of houses for rent, you should not have a problem. Check craigslist/Greensboro.

Well yes something like that. We'd only need one side though.lol
Here some houses are called 2 family's and instead of side by side
they are first and second floor. I don't care which would be which,
but figured we could go for a whole house or duplex. Thanks for
the posting. I just wondered if the realtors have info on houses for
rent or do you need to check the papers?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
JJM

61 posts, read 237,554 times
When we moved to High Point a year and a half ago we rented a home through Mckinney Management Co. Welcome To Our Site They rented us a very nice 3 bedroom two story home in High Point that was built in 1995. It was in a very quiet neighborhood that we liked so much that we ended up building our new home nearby. They were pretty good to work with and returned our entire rental deposit to us after we moved out. I mention that because I've heard of soooo many people having problems getting deposits returned because management companies/landlords make up all kinds of excuses to hold onto some renter's security deposits. There are plenty of rentals out there with all the foreclosers and such that it should be a piece of cake for you to find something you like. Good Luck!

Old 05-17-2008, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the replies. Will check them out. We still have time, but I am trying to research and do all I can right now.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:44 PM

If you are looking for houses to rent the best place is craigslist.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:20 PM

11 posts, read 78,558 times
I've been trying to find rental properties in the area as well, and have come up with nothing. I will check out a few of the links posted here. It's so strange that it's so hard to find any rental listings - I know there must be some!

Good luck to you!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,479 times
My family uses Baldwin rental company for their rental house in Winston-Salem. Speaking from experience, renting first is a good idea. We didn't and we slightly regret our decision at times....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point