Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 10:43 AM

703 posts, read 781,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Been a while since I’ve visited Buena Vista but Sedgefield has some uber contemporary homes out there that BV can’t touch. Not sure about Irving Park.
You really need to familiarize yourself on the Irving Park area, particularly the homes that surround the country club. Easy to check via Zillow - by entering Iving Park Greensboro in the search, and then looking at sold homes with values of say $1.2M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,407,345 times
Quote:
What?!! Maybe you didn’t travel by the country club. There’s literally a huge Mediterranean influenced home and a huge contemporary styled home in adjacent lots by the entrance. One thing that’s intriguing about the area is that while there isn’t any real “character” of say a Reynolda, it’s like an adventure as you drive through the winding streets ogling at all these different styled houses.
Yeah, the times I've gone to that area it was for functions at the country club. It's nice, but I didn't find it to be extraordinary. I prefer older homes, I guess. There are some very nice homes there, but many others feel borderline McMansion-y to me.

To-may-to, to-mah-to, I guess.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:56 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,910,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
Yeah, the times I've gone to that area it was for functions at the country club. It's nice, but I didn't find it to be extraordinary. I prefer older homes, I guess. There are some very nice homes there, but many others feel borderline McMansion-y to me.

To-may-to, to-mah-to, I guess.
A few I saw do veer a tad on the McMansiony side, but not too heavily. I just really like the variation of contemporary and older homes there.

Old 06-12-2022, 03:00 PM

I’m doubling down on my assertion about Sedgefield. I just ran across a neighborhood within a neighborhood where the AVERAGE home valuation was at a million. All incredibly immaculate houses in this enclave. Just wowzas . So many little pockets out there. I don’t think some of you have truly explored out there.

However, I will say I took you all’s advice and checked out some other neighborhoods on the west, Northwest side and North sides. My gosh… truly some beautiful, beautiful neighborhoods.
Greensboro definitely takes the cake in on the sheer amount of beautiful neighborhoods at that 350-400k+ range. Wow.

It’s truly a tale of two cities in terms of residences in GSO and the line of demarcation is pretty apparent.

Old 10-23-2023, 03:01 PM

Ok I’m not doubling down anymore, the Lake Jeanette neighborhoods are the most prestigious in all of Guilford. They’re simply breathtaking! My goodness!

Old 10-23-2023, 05:43 PM

689 posts, read 501,667 times
Oh boy. Should be interesting to see what the most prestigious neighborhood is in 2024.

Old 10-24-2023, 08:05 AM

6,165 posts, read 7,245,347 times
In terms of old mansion homes, the top two prestigious neighborhoods in Greensboro would be Sedgefield and Old Irving Park. Sunset Hills is nice too. Those are the old money neighborhoods. As far as newer neighborhoods, the newer section of Starmount, New Irving Park and yes Lake Jeanette and Lake Brandt, also Grandover which is probably the most prestigious newer neighborhood. Adams Farms is upscale but I wouldn't call it prestigious.

Old 10-24-2023, 11:49 AM

97 posts, read 71,827 times
Quote:
Ok I’m not doubling down anymore, the Lake Jeanette neighborhoods are the most prestigious in all of Guilford. They’re simply breathtaking! My goodness!
Interesting! I'm curious what specifically appealed to you. Personally, although many of the neighborhoods themselves are nice, Lake Jeanette's location is a big strike against it - it is just too far out to be convenient to in-town Greensboro. There are some neat neighborhoods there though. I wish the New Urbanism of Checkerberry Square and Daybreak Square had been replicated in more places in Greensboro.

Since nobody asked, here are my own personal power rankings of Greensboro neighborhoods, based on a proprietary evaluation of prestige, architectural character, and neighborhood identity:

1. Old Irving Park
2. Fisher Park
3. Starmount Forest/Hamilton Lakes
4. Sedgefield/Grandover (almost didn't include b/c Sedgefield isn't in GSO city limits)
5. Sunset Hills
6. New Irving Park/Brown Town
7. Old Starmount
8. College Hill
9. Lindley Park
10. Lake Jeanette

Flame away!

Old 10-25-2023, 05:22 PM

689 posts, read 501,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thomas View Post
Interesting! I'm curious what specifically appealed to you. Personally, although many of the neighborhoods themselves are nice, Lake Jeanette's location is a big strike against it - it is just too far out to be convenient to in-town Greensboro. There are some neat neighborhoods there though. I wish the New Urbanism of Checkerberry Square and Daybreak Square had been replicated in more places in Greensboro.

Since nobody asked, here are my own personal power rankings of Greensboro neighborhoods, based on a proprietary evaluation of prestige, architectural character, and neighborhood identity:

1. Old Irving Park
2. Fisher Park
3. Starmount Forest/Hamilton Lakes
4. Sedgefield/Grandover (almost didn't include b/c Sedgefield isn't in GSO city limits)
5. Sunset Hills
6. New Irving Park/Brown Town
7. Old Starmount
8. College Hill
9. Lindley Park
10. Lake Jeanette

Flame away!

For me, Old Starmount is the area south of Friendly, west of Green Valley, north of Market, and east of Holden. Is that what you are thinking? Do you differentiate between Starmount and New Starmount, or are they one in the same? Where would you put Brassfield (not sure if that is the actual neighborhood name)

My Top 5 in the prestige department

Old Irving Park
New Starmount
Old Sedgefield
Fisher Park
New Iriving Park

Sunset Hills is my favorite neighborhood in regards to the houses, location, and identity.... followed closely by Fisher Park, and Lindley Park.

Old 10-26-2023, 12:21 PM

97 posts, read 71,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
For me, Old Starmount is the area south of Friendly, west of Green Valley, north of Market, and east of Holden. Is that what you are thinking? Do you differentiate between Starmount and New Starmount, or are they one in the same? Where would you put Brassfield (not sure if that is the actual neighborhood name)

My Top 5 in the prestige department

Old Irving Park
New Starmount
Old Sedgefield
Fisher Park
New Iriving Park

Sunset Hills is my favorite neighborhood in regards to the houses, location, and identity.... followed closely by Fisher Park, and Lindley Park.
Yes, that is the area I meant by Old Starmount. To me, there is definitely a differentiation. The houses in Old Starmount are of an older vintage and more uniform architecturally. Also, being bounded by four major roads, I feel like it has distinct boundaries. I lumped Starmount Forest and Hamilton Lakes together, even though Hamilton Lakes predates the area around the country club, because it is one contiguous area and because they both have a variety of homes styles and sizes, and the street/park layouts are similar.

For me, the Brassfield area neighborhoods (Friendly Acres, Woodland Hills etc.) don't make the top 10 due to location on the edge of town, their more sprawly layout, and the relative lack of neighborhood identity. I feel like folks move there because they found a great house in the neighborhood, rather than moving there to be a part of a distinctive neighborhood culture like you find in Sunset Hills, Lindley Park etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point