Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 12:17 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times

Advertisements

I'm shopping for new cell service. Currently on Verizon but would like to cut expenses. I've done a bit of online research concerning 4G/5G coverage, pros and cons, etc. and have narrowed it down to T-Mobile and Spectrum Mobile for an unlimited talk/text/data plan. Each would cost $30/month per line for a 2-line bundle.

Would like to hear from folks who have either provider regarding quality of coverage in the Triad in general and W-S more specifically.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 03:41 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Have you considered a Verizon "reseller" like Total Wireless?

Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Have you considered a Verizon "reseller" like Total Wireless?
Thank you but I'm asking specifically for feedback on T-Mobile and Spectrum Mobile.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
I've been with T-mobile since they purchased Suncom back in 2007-8. Never had an issue with them in regards with reception or coverage in the Triad.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
I've been with T-mobile since they purchased Suncom back in 2007-8. Never had an issue with them in regards with reception or coverage in the Triad.
Thanks!!!

Old 08-04-2022, 05:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Spectrum Mobile -is- Verizon. They resell Verizon’s network.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:13 PM

164 posts, read 111,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
We have had Verizon for many years, but like most people am trying to cut costs. Got a tracfone from QVC the other day, but am hesitant because I have never done this type of service before. It was basically going to be for my husband since he barely uses his phone and is no techie.. When I spoke to someone at Verizon, I was told that my monthly bill would go up because we would just have two phones on our bill. The more people on it the cheaper it gets. There's only my daughter and me otherwise. Now I'm not sure what to do. My daughter says to just buy two iphones with tracfone and leave this other tracfone an android, for my husband. I'm afraid we won't have enough minutes or whatever it's called for data or texting. Thanks for any clarity.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:19 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allmypets View Post
We have had Verizon for many years, but like most people am trying to cut costs. Got a tracfone from QVC the other day, but am hesitant because I have never done this type of service before. It was basically going to be for my husband since he barely uses his phone and is no techie.. When I spoke to someone at Verizon, I was told that my monthly bill would go up because we would just have two phones on our bill. The more people on it the cheaper it gets. There's only my daughter and me otherwise. Now I'm not sure what to do. My daughter says to just buy two iphones with tracfone and leave this other tracfone an android, for my husband. I'm afraid we won't have enough minutes or whatever it's called for data or texting. Thanks for any clarity.
You might want to consider posting your question here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cell...s-smartphones/

Old 08-04-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I know that, but when it's piggybacked, the customers of the reseller can sometimes get lower priority/slower speeds at peak usage times. Curious if it's noticeable to Spectrum Mobile customers in the Triad.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:17 PM

376 posts, read 653,112 times
Have you looked at Verizon prepaid? for 5 GB its 40 a mo and 35 w/autopay and goes down every few months for loyalty. I know you said unlimited, but do you know how much data you actually use, most people use way less than they think.

I've had it for a few months now in Raleigh and it works fine and is the same as friends' Verizon postpaid. Caveat I don't notice but it could happen with Spectrum too there is a disclaimer "In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic." I.e. you lose priority to postpaid I take that to mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point