Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 12:03 PM

385 posts, read 291,470 times

Advertisements

Read a few articles recently about Greensboro finally addressing the homeless issue downtown.. im sure the residents at center point condos will be happy to actually set out in their balconies and enjoy the view! I always felt bad for those residents. Just hope that all the blight that was at that park wont migrate over to lebaurer park... for some reason the homless population downtown here in greensboro seems aggressive . One Article states someone was peed on while reading a book on the park bench. And also said one man used the bathoom on the patio of one if the resturants. i myself have seen one man giving a sales girl at the Vintage store a hard time .. so hopefully downtown will be a.more enjoyable place to stroll soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 04:53 PM

853 posts, read 419,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Read a few articles recently about Greensboro finally addressing the homeless issue downtown.. im sure the residents at center point condos will be happy to actually set out in their balconies and enjoy the view! I always felt bad for those residents. Just hope that all the blight that was at that park wont migrate over to lebaurer park... for some reason the homless population downtown here in greensboro seems aggressive . One Article states someone was peed on while reading a book on the park bench. And also said one man used the bathoom on the patio of one if the resturants. i myself have seen one man giving a sales girl at the Vintage store a hard time .. so hopefully downtown will be a.more enjoyable place to stroll soon!
Depends on what you mean by addressing. Simply walking around the city and looking at the homeless while dreaming of "holistic" solutions isn't my idea of actually doing something. Nor are "enhanced sprinklers". Or "artistic fencing". Or "added armrests" on benches. Would you like me to take Miss Nancy with me on my next trip North?

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-17-2022 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-17-2022, 05:02 PM

853 posts, read 419,100 times
Don't you people go to bed at night dreaming of a real downtown? Running the bums out is a good place to start. The problem with setting city policy by telescope is that larger and more prosperous cities are far more able to withstand destructive liberal measures. Trust me, I'm a Liberal Yankee, and having city government that thinks like we do will turn Greensboro into a broke and decaying wasteland. In the wrong city, it’s more of an invasive malignancy than an ideology. And it tends to drive out the healthy.

Last edited by TunedIn; 08-17-2022 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-18-2022, 06:52 AM

Well i have a idea.. how about doing something with the 4 seasons mall to address the homeless issue. We all.know that mall and aera is not going to ever get back to its glory days. How about making the mall a shelter spot. Something that could be useful to the city and not need anything built since structure is already there.Wouldnt even need to be the whole mall but just a portion of it.. foof court aeara could be a soup kitchen or use one of the resturants in the out parcels in parking lot as a soup kitchen. I agree that enhanced sprinklers and bench markets arent goinf to do much at the park. They need to invest in a city park employee to monitore the aera. Side note.. i was dining at 4th st filling station in winston and a homless man canme inside patio aera asking for money. The outside hostess had left her station and he made his apperance. Nothing like trying to eat a dinner and all of a sudden have a stranger ,pop up hovering over ur table asking for money ...

Old 09-30-2022, 05:31 AM

So i noticed the new signs up in the medians that say no sitting or standing anytime at the medians in wendover right at Bridford pkway intersection. That aera looks nicer now and not like pan handler alley... its crazy how a easy simple fix like those signs made a quick and big impact! Hopefully be seeing a few more signs like those pop up soon.

Old 10-01-2022, 11:20 PM

677 posts, read 496,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
So i noticed the new signs up in the medians that say no sitting or standing anytime at the medians in wendover right at Bridford pkway intersection. That aera looks nicer now and not like pan handler alley... its crazy how a easy simple fix like those signs made a quick and big impact! Hopefully be seeing a few more signs like those pop up soon.

I've seen those signs on MLK and Randleman road. Im not sure if they are put up at the on/off ramps along Interstate 40.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:49 AM

799 posts, read 3,227,986 times
https://www.interactiveresourcecenter.org/

Helping the homeless in ways that make a difference. Make a donation here if you want to improve downtown authentically. They are a fantastic resource in a key area! All the popular kids are doing it. ✌️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point