Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 10:25 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,907,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
All I know is that I hope these projects in development are gonna be a success at retaining the late 20 to 40s age group.that are the young professionals demographic, that can afford the downtown prices.. this year alone I have had 3 friends move to Boston, DC, and Chicago.. they were all in relationships so the 3 is actually 6 people that Greensboro lost and they were in the young professionals demographic... I also know someone that plans on moving from Greensboro to downtown Winston in next month, due to them liking that scene better. So I hope these projects pull thru and can get residents to stay for more then a year downtown at these apts and not just be 'one and done" leases...
This post is a whole topic that prob deserves its own thread .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 08:52 AM

389 posts, read 293,601 times
Thank you @Usernamesake. I just hope downtown Greensboro doesn't out price itself for what it has to offer at this current time. I know the apts will be leased at a market rate . But they also need to be realistic with Greensboros demographics or they gonna have alot of vacent units...or the apt complexes will be more like retirement communities , cause the seniors might be the only ones to afford them lol ;p

Old 12-07-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Thank you @Usernamesake. I just hope downtown Greensboro doesn't out price itself for what it has to offer at this current time. I know the apts will be leased at a market rate . But they also need to be realistic with Greensboros demographics or they gonna have alot of vacent units...or the apt complexes will be more like retirement communities , cause the seniors might be the only ones to afford them lol ;p
Perfect way to put it “pricing itself out.”

I think they could possibly become the new, defacto retirement communities lol

Old 12-08-2022, 05:00 PM

855 posts, read 421,270 times
Just me, but I don't consider downtown Greensboro vibrant enough to command any premium at all. Especially without any traffic or parking issues involved with zipping in from far more desirable areas nearby. Is there a single view offered without a vagrant in it?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Just me, but I don't consider downtown Greensboro vibrant enough to command any premium at all. Especially without any traffic or parking issues involved with zipping in from far more desirable areas nearby. Is there a single view offered without a vagrant in it?
Well said.

Old 12-12-2022, 11:53 AM

I think a good plan would be, to put a new convention center downtown at old news and record site. Turn the Koury convention center into affordable housing (Apts). And that would help clean up downtown! Let the whole four seasons mall aera be a good place for lower income families to thrive in. Maybe turn mall itself into a homeless shelter with the food court could be utilized as a soup kitchen! I do know of one motel in downtown Winston that changed over to apts that aren't expensive.. so I'm sure it could easily be down with Koury hotel. I just think that would be better use of the mall aera then it becoming a desolate wasteland when the mall does finally close downtown. Which is evitable.

Old 12-12-2022, 03:09 PM

680 posts, read 498,183 times
Quote:
I think a good plan would be, to put a new convention center downtown at old news and record site. Turn the Koury convention center into affordable housing (Apts). And that would help clean up downtown! Let the whole four seasons mall aera be a good place for lower income families to thrive in. Maybe turn mall itself into a homeless shelter with the food court could be utilized as a soup kitchen! I do know of one motel in downtown Winston that changed over to apts that aren't expensive.. so I'm sure it could easily be down with Koury hotel. I just think that would be better use of the mall aera then it becoming a desolate wasteland when the mall does finally close downtown. Which is evitable.

Say what?

Old 12-12-2022, 06:00 PM

I'm just trying to think outside the box on how to have more affordable housing and what can be done to provide more shelter for the homeless.the way real estate is these days, no developer is going to build apts in a downtown area that's actually considered " affordable". I mean in their eyes they probably would considered a 1 bedroom apt for 800.00 as affordable instead of 1200.00 price tag.. but there needs to be rent in the 500.00 price range and that's not gonna happen in any downtown areas these days.

Old 12-14-2022, 07:28 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,385,313 times
As of today, the Carroll at Bellmeade luxury apartments is offering one month of free rent to new tenants of a 2 bedroom apartment. Their cheapest 2 bedroom (955 sq. ft.) is going for $1600/month now. I wonder if the market is telling them that they're charging too much rent?

Old 12-14-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
As of today, the Carroll at Bellmeade luxury apartments is offering one month of free rent to new tenants of a 2 bedroom apartment. Their cheapest 2 bedroom (955 sq. ft.) is going for $1600/month now. I wonder if the market is telling them that they're charging too much rent?
Very interesting! The first month free deal is something you would see, at alot of apt complexes back in the early 2000s to mid 2000s days... I'd take it as a sign that they need to fill units and are using that as an incentive. And maybe it is telling us, that most people are willing to pay for the lower 1- bedroom price downtown.but the price of a 2-bedroom unit is out of touch for most ?!? With what downtown Greensboro has to offer at the moment I'd say a fair price would be a 1-bedroom 750.00 to 800.00 and a 2-bedroom maybe for around 950 to 1000.00 tops...
I'm curious if anyone remembers what City view apts went for back when they first opened?? I'm sure their prices have more then tripled since!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point